RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i have a new glitch with my truck. I noticed my speedo stopped working about 3 weeks ago. it didnt really bug me as i know the hwy speed by rpm so no big deal...another glitch designed by another moran...im am used to it. thanks god they dont make planes........ well anyway i know noticed that the milage is also not working and stuck as the same number. it has not moved i guess since it is tied to the speedomiter? i really could care less if it works but if anyone knows what would be the problem, i would be intrested. Let me say again, dont make yourself crazy tring to figure out what could be wrong as i really could give a rats ass what some idiot RR engeneer designed. It gets me from point A to point B and thats all i care about... Well, air conditioning as i live in florida and it's fricken hot>>>> :oops:

Thanks All, Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant seem to find it on the cd. can someone give me a page reference ? its also hard to lacate on the tranny. i have the picture from the rave but i can seem to locate.

chris :think:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, i found the speed sensor and took it out. i got another one and replaced it. Still not working. Anyone on where i should go next ? I read somewhere that this is tied to the ABS?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
vande_v said:
Well, i found the speed sensor and took it out. i got another one and replaced it. Still not working. Anyone on where i should go next ? I read somewhere that this is tied to the ABS?
Of course it is tied to the ABS. It is tied to the Traction Control as well. If the car doesn't know how fast the wheels are or aren't turning how does it know if you are skidding or spinning? Sounds like it is time to do some research and read the wiring diagrams and check out the connections and grounds. If all else is good it will be time to pick up a new binnacle (instrument cluster for the British impared driving British cars). :lol:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
vande_v said:
.another glitch designed by another moran...im am used to it. thanks god they dont make planes........
And who do you think owned the Rover group back then when the P38 was designed......
Have you checked the road speed sensor on the gearbox....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts