RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have the common problem with the LED's burning out on my speedo cluster, mainly the odometer reading and the warning box below. There is a guy here locally that has a used one off of his RR and he'll take $125 for it and all of the LED's are working (for now, but at least its better than mine). My question is can I plug his into mine without having any problems? I'm not concerned about the odometer being correct as the motor from my RR is out of this guys anyways so the odometer in mine is correct for the car but not the motor.

I was told by my local dealer that it would cause problems and it wouldn't work. I don't trust this dealer as they have lied to me in the past so I called around to a couple of the larger NC RR dealers and both of those told me that it would work as long as I didn't care about the odometer being correct.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
83 Posts
IIRC, the ECU has the mileage and the dash cluster is merely a display. I don't see how it would affect it negatively. I suggest you try it and if it does not work then put the old one back in. It will only cost you money if it does not work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts