Range Rovers Forum banner

Speed regulator in descent

849 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Spooky 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a RRS2V8SC. I noticed that my speed regulator is unable to limit my speed when going down a hill. I don’t mean a steep offroad descent but a standard onroad one. For instance if I set to 50 km/h (I am in Switzerland), then it will increase up to 60. I don’t have this issue with the Mercedes S Class so it is either specific to LR or to my car.

Does anyone noticed the same behavior?

ps:Search forum function does not seen to work with phrases, this would have been handy for finding passed messages talking about “speed regulator”...

#6 ·
Maybe it depends on the year model?

Mine's a 2015, and it definitely does not have speed regulator, only cruise control - that is, it will maintain the set speed when road is flat or uphill, but not when going downhill.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Owner manual for RRS2019 says:
“In certain conditions, such as a steep gradient, the vehicle's speed may exceed the set cruising speed.”

View attachment 284165
Hello,

I have a RRS2V8SC. I noticed that my speed regulator is unable to limit my speed when going down a hill. I don’t mean a steep offroad descent but a standard onroad one. For instance if I set to 50 km/h (I am in Switzerland), then it will increase up to 60. I don’t have this issue with the Mercedes S Class so it is either specific to LR or to my car.

Does anyone noticed the same behavior?

ps:Search forum function does not seen to work with phrases, this would have been handy for finding passed messages talking about “speed regulator”...
My 2014 free falls when going downhill on the freeway while towing a 5000lb trailer.

#9 ·
I looked at the documentation for 2016 and 2019. There is a difference in how they talk about downhill speed. The earlier models state that engine braking is what infuences downhill speed. The newer models have this language removed. The same warning that "speed may exceed" is stated, but on my system, it will light up the brakes to slow me down. (I do have the Adaptive version).

#11 ·
We have a 14.5' RRS SC with the adaptive cruise and the down hill speed regulator button in the center console... It will use both the engine and the brakes to keep the Rover at close to the set speed downhill or flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.