RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an issue with my 1997 P38 Rover that I'm trying to diagnose. I have followed the problems/causes section of the website and have narrowed the issue down to a possible valve block leak or air line from valve block to air reservoir leak, but I'm hoping to narrow it down even further with the help of this board's combined expertise.

On some mornings, the car simply takes 20 minutes or so to raise, so I'll have to pull over during my commute or just reset the EAS fault with my laptop when I get to work. I've gotten used to this arrangement. I recently replaced the air compressor with a much newer one from a UK seller, and that drastically reduced the bumpy ride in the morning. However, the last couple mornings I came out to my car to see it still completely raised, and upon starting it the light is solid on standard ride hight - I thought my troubles were over. :naughty:

The EAS Fault still occurred at the 15-20 minute mark of my commute, though the light indicated the suspension was raised - which led me to believe the air tank just wasn't filling fast enough and that is causing an EAS fault (its the 35MPH max one). So my question is: should I look for my problem in the air line or the valve block, or elsewhere?

All help is appreciated.

Nick

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
You need to go outside and look up to the moon and stars and yell SHUPACKKKK and he will come!!

Good Luck

Scotty

·
Registered
154 Posts
BTW you never mentioned what the fault code was or did i miss it?

Rather than blindly clearing the fault why don't you take your time & read the fault is. This might lead easily to problem source itself.

PS read it again & i still don't see you mention what the fault code you get.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Dudley said:
The EAS Fault still occurred at the 15-20 minute mark of my commute, though the light indicated the suspension was raised - which led me to believe the air tank just wasn't filling fast enough and that is causing an EAS fault (its the 35MPH max one). So my question is: should I look for my problem in the air line or the valve block, or elsewhere?
all three. a leaky line or tank isolation valve will do that, also a failed diaphragm will do it. 20 minutes is the time-out on the compressor, where the system says "ok, somethings wrong, the comp's been running for TOOOOO long".

or, the replacement compressor you got is long in the tooth as well.

check the output of the compressor, then the diaphragm valve, then the isolation valve for leaks. My minions will explain the processes needed (mua-ha-ha...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts