RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my dilemma. I am working on a 2008 LR3/Disco 3, 135,000 miles, HD Package. When the vehicle is started the display states Special programs not available and the terrain response knob is inoperative. I can still paddle between high and low range and my suspension is functioning properly. I have scanned the system and have code P181D - Clutch Actuator Changeover Solenoid- Range/Performance and Codes P181C Clutch Actuator Changeover Solenoid - High. I have inspected, cleaned and di-electric greased the connectors for the transfer case solenoid, motor and sensor, no change... I have removed the transfer case module from behind the battery to inspect for corrosion but did not find any irregularities. The history of this challenge is that I had just serviced the diffs, transfer case, transmission, replaced all the belts, hoses, waterpump, tensioners, thermostat housing fan pulley and idler pulley. Prior to the maintenance repairs the vehicle functioned properly. What direction should I go next? I do have a GAP iiDTool that I have reset the transfer case adaption and after doing that I got another code of P2789 Clutch Adaptive learning is at its limit. I measured the internal resistance of the clutch actuator and came up with 0.7 ohms. Is it time to replace the actuator or is it time to dive into the transfer case? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So here is my dilemma. I am working on a 2008 LR3/Disco 3, 135,000 miles, HD Package. When the vehicle is started the display states Special programs not available and the terrain response knob is inoperative. I can still paddle between high and low range and my suspension is functioning properly. I have scanned the system and have code P181D - Clutch Actuator Changeover Solenoid- Range/Performance and Codes P181C Clutch Actuator Changeover Solenoid - High. I have inspected, cleaned and di-electric greased the connectors for the transfer case solenoid, motor and sensor, no change... I have removed the transfer case module from behind the battery to inspect for corrosion but did not find any irregularities. The history of this challenge is that I had just serviced the diffs, transfer case, transmission, replaced all the belts, hoses, waterpump, tensioners, thermostat housing fan pulley and idler pulley. Prior to the maintenance repairs the vehicle functioned properly. What direction should I go next? I do have a GAP iiDTool that I have reset the transfer case adaption and after doing that I got another code of P2789 Clutch Adaptive learning is at its limit. I measured the internal resistance of the clutch actuator and came up with 0.7 ohms. Is it time to replace the actuator or is it time to dive into the transfer case? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you end up fixing the problem? I can not control my ride height functions or terrain response

1 - 2 of 2 Posts