RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
626 Posts
I'm in . . . Thank you sir.
Can I use your leads with my current coils or do I have to buy the coils too?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Though I am not in the market for coils currently, stuff like this is really appreciated and something most of us here will absolutely remember when it comes time to order!

Thank you!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great deal Perfdist! This would definitely help out the community and get your product out there.

I will be placing my order soon!

Do you have any decals? For under the hood art!? :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Doesn't run a distributor, has coil packs, it's a GEMS engine P38, not a classic range rover.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
OP needs to remember that P38's were available earlier elsewhere in the world, than here in the USA. Just like the MkII's were available in 2002 elsewhere too.
If GEMS, they are the same coils through out IIRC, so will work.

Martin

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I think I have VIN # 1, very early 1995 P38 model.
But I just want to make sure, ill need four coil packs to make a complete set? Starts adding up

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Yeah I think I have VIN # 1, very early 1995 P38 model.
But I just want to make sure, ill need four coil packs to make a complete set? Starts adding up
4 for GEMS, 2 for Bosch, and they probably do start adding up pretty quickly.
I have never been a big fan of ignition upgrades without upgrading the fuel system etc too. No doubt they add a bit here and there, but enough to justify the cost? Up to the buyer I guess.
Now, if your coils are on their last legs, may as well upgrade at that point.

Martin

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Yes indeed there is some erroneous information above from this vendor. :shock: The 95 P38 does indeed use the four coil system and their item will indeed work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts