RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today out of the blue the radio on my '01 HSE started to squeal loudly(sounded kind of like the tone you get for a bad weather report). I tired to turn it down and change the station and that had no effect, so I pulled over and shut off the engine and it still continued. Needless to say it was a long ride home, and I'm surprised I didn't have dogs chasing me lol. The squeal seemed to mostly be coming from the right side door tweeter. The nav was working fine, and the head unit functions were all working, just no sound but the loud squeal. I had to unhook the battery to get it to stop, and everything went back to normal after I hooked it back up. Any ideas on what might have happened?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So today instead of squeal, I got static from the right rear speaker that won't turn off when the ignition is turned off. This time when I unhooked and re-hooked the battery there was no sound at all. The head unit functions fine, as well as the NAV(except for no sound) I don't know if whatever was dying went ahead and fried, or if I have a short somewhere. I'm worried about barrery drain since the noise wouldn't stop unless the battery was unhooked. I'm continuing to seach the forum for a simular problem, but in the meantime any ideas or pointers you guys have would be great. Thanks!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some research I'm pretty sure my DSP amp has taken a poo. Now to source a good second hand one.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was finally able to install a new amp, and that cured my problem. It's going to be nice not having a boom box in my passenger seat lol. Roverville told me to cut some vent holes and leave the insulation out to allow air to flow and keep moisture out

IMG_5478.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts