RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

I had a previous L405 SC RR, stollen and a now new 2019 replacement. Both had the same 380 watt sound but comparing the two, the new one sounds flat. I know the limits of the 380 however, the previous one sounded pretty good.

I want to do a simple speaker upgrade hoping that may add a bit of help. From previous experience in another car, 2016 Maserati Quattroporte, they used pitiful speakers, changing them out made a world of difference.

Anyone changed the speakers in the RR, recommendations, speaker sizes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The speakers in most cars and trucks typically fall into established standard sizes. 6X9, 5X7, 6.5 etc. A little research into what is already installed will provide what is available for replacement. You might check with car stereo shops or online, like Crutchfield for what is available. I suggest auditioning these speakers, as listening to what is available is an eye opener. Any time I was in the market for speakers, which is a personal taste, I never purchased anything before listening, preferably with the music you enjoy. Take some CD's with you, and listen critically. Using YOUR CD's for a source will provide familiar source material. Bear in mind that speaker placement will directly affect sound quality. One other thing you might check into is the possibility that the software may be incorrect for the system you have. Just saying. Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts