RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Two of the speakers in the passenger door do not work (2005 v8 L322 Vogue with Harman Kardon Logic 7 Stereo). I have tried to locate the problem (mid range speaker and tweeter) by measuring the resistance of the speakers and the output of the amp. However I do not know what I am looking at and what the correct values should be. I noticed that there are three wires coming from the amp to the mid range and tweeter and that one wire splits into three wires just before running to the door (underneath the passenger seat carpet).

1. Is it normal that one of the three wires splits?
2. Can anybody diagnose the problem based on the readings below?

All help would be appreciated. I have seen some guys do a complete make-over of their entertainment system, so I suppose they would know.

regards,

Adriaan

Resistance mid-range speaker
[attachment=3:4287xq02]IMG_0798.jpg[/attachment:4287xq02]

Resistance tweeter
[attachment=2:4287xq02]IMG_0799.jpg[/attachment:4287xq02]

Power mid-range speaker
[attachment=1:4287xq02]IMG_0800.jpg[/attachment:4287xq02]

Power tweeter
[attachment=0:4287xq02]IMG_0801.jpg[/attachment:4287xq02]

Attachments

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I would either measure the opposite door speakers (I know, it's a pain to remove the panel) or better, just replace the speakers with some working ones to see what gives...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I checked it the low-tech way :)

[attachment=0:58i9qjxb]IMG_0803.jpg[/attachment:58i9qjxb]

All speakers are working fine, but the cable from the amplifier to the mid-range and tweeter in the passenger door is broken. Next step is to check if the channel on the amplifier is working or not, however for some strange reason I cannot get the head unit to start anymore ???? I only get the Land Rover logo. If had this before, and previous time I only had to lock the car, let it go to sleep and after that all worked fine again. Now it did not work.

Anybody an idea what this could be? Can I reset the system somehow?

/Adriaan

Attachments

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I was afraid it wouldn't be as simple as replacing speakers... As for the head unit, I would disconnect the battery and wait for a while, but remember to wait for at least 2 minutes after removing the key before disconnecting it, negative plug first; it's always a good ideea to disconnect the battery while fiddling with this car as it is so **** sensitive...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****, I hope I did not screw up the system by just testing two speakers. I am new to the Range Rover family, I have been warned about the car's reliability but still it manages to exceed my expectations. I think I will bring the car to the stealer, get it fixed and sell it. This is not healthy for my nerves. The car seems to break down even by only thinking about it. If it would not be so good looking I would never bother keeping it :?

I tried the reset procedure, but it did not help at all. Anybody other suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I post the final result for the ones that are interested.

Brought the car to the dealer and they started their investigation. They found out that there is corrosion under the carpet at the passenger front side. They fixed the wires and now the display (radio, navigation etc) is working fine again and so are both speakers. Unfortunately they did not allow me in the workshop, so I have not been able to verify the corrosion myself so I can anticipate which other problems might be associated with it. I even do not know how they fixed it (just the wire or also treated the corrosion).

Anyway this problem fixed....waiting for the next.

Adriaan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts