RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RR Sport V8 5.0 SC that I need to remove the spark plugs. I am seeking some instructions to replacing the cover that is over the spark plugs. Attached is the manual pages explaining the removal, but nothing on that cover. Thanks for any advice before I break anything trying to figure this out on my own. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cy3T51ua54LolOuXJZ0cxnoyLQtfXcIr

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
501-05, that cover?
Look at those pages, and instructions will be there.
The shop manual did just get posted this week though too, if you havent seen it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. Yes, I have downloaded those and two other versions for my model. I searched them before I posted and have searched again since your post. I am searching the term "Engine Cover" in the powertrain section with no luck finding the pages for removal and installation. I even read every instance of "removal and installation" Still no luck.

Do you mind letting me know what page the info is included on the shop manual? Thanks!!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
You talking about the engine cover that says "supercharged " etc on it?
If so, just lift it at the front then slide it towards you. Just sits in grommets is all

Martin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. No I was talking about the cover over the spark plugs / fuel injectors. I got them, it just seems like they are jammed in there.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
146 Posts
You have an engine cover that’s the first thing you remove, then you have rubber inserts that go on each side of the engine and then you have the coils that go directly over spark plugs. That’s all it takes to get to the spark plugs

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Were you successful at removing the plugs? I am about to do the same thing and I have the skimpy shop directions. Any tricks or tips to make the job easier like what needs to be removed and how to remove first? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts