RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have recently bought a 2002 L322 which, when it rains, the spare wheel well gets a half inch of water in it. I've read about these cars leaking through their bonded windows but is there a way to locate the leak and fix it?

Cheers,

- Douglas

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
I would suggestion someone to hose down the car while you see where the water is coming in from. You need to be careful that it doesn't get to much water and burn out the compressor back there.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I would pull the spare out and make sure any rubber plugs, like for the trailer harness, are intact.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I would cover the range with a tarp until you figure out why its doing that and repair it.

The compressor is right there, any water gets on that its game over for the suspension... Plus a water short can cause other systems to short and fail/blow fuses etc...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had this problem with my P38 a few years back, it turned out to be the rubber seal for the hatch & tailgate. I replaced it and it no longer leaked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, I had a realy close look at the rubber tailgate seal today and a bit of it was loose. seems water tight now but I'll monitor it next time it rains.

- D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts