RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE, discovered that the heat shield for the spare tire is in two pieces.
Two bolts holding one piece, one bolt holding on to the other. In fact it's quite remarkable that both pieces are still holding in place.
Anyway, I have been having a hard time find anywhere online that will first of all identify this part let alone sell one.
NOTE: I have the standard donut spare, not a full size.
I'm happy with an online parts store but my preference would be for one in Massachusetts, I know that's probably a big ask.

Thoughts?

Jonathan

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,458 Posts
Unless you absolutely want that part, you can remove it without any major concern.

Most of us who have also run a set of over-sized all terrain tires remove the heat shield to provide a bit more space...no damage done to the spare tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see a handful of posts that stated that and I may actually consider that I think.
However, I am still looking for a reliable place for parts, especially seemingly obscure parts like this one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just trying to follow due diligence, making sure I have a part on my vehicle that's actually supposed to be one piece, actually be one piece.
Call it OCD, call it what you will... :lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,458 Posts
I did see a handful of posts that stated that and I may actually consider that I think.
However, I am still looking for a reliable place for parts, especially seemingly obscure parts like this one?
Try Roverland Parts...they part out all models of Rovers..and may have this.

https://www.roverlandparts.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts