RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal - I got 25mm spacers (H and R) on the back and 20mm on the front yesterday. I absolutely love the front. It's perfect. The back, however, is still not how is like it to be. It just doesn't look as wide as I'd like it to be. I'm running 275/40/22 tyres. In terms of driving - wow - Handles better, more stable, and more planted than before fitting the spacers. It's definitely noticable. Does anyone know if it's okay to have 20mm on the front and 30mm on the back. Will it affect my suspension or bearings? Will my wheels come flying off???

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ran 1.25" wide "SpiderTrax" wheel spacers for 10+ years on my Jeep Wrangler with 35x12.50xR15's Dunlop Mud Terrains to fit those almost 13" wide tires. After 100 miles I jacked the Jeep up again and retorqued the spacer lug nuts to 100ft lbs and the wheel lug nuts to the spacers again as advised by the manufacturer and never had a problem with them. They were great and allowed me to keep stock aluminum alloy rims and allowed me to save a lot of unsprung weight and free'd up a lot of horsepower. The Jeep had a Dana 44 rear end and a Dana 30 up front, solid axles, with stout hubs so there was never a bearing problem at all. I'm running 22" rims on my 14.5' Rover with tires that are Pirelli's with rims that are about a half inch wider stance than the fronts rims stance sits. I run the same sized width tires though so the rear wheels/tires weigh as close to the same as the fronts do to make things easier on the drive train and un-sprung weight that adds up fast to a sluggish horse power robbing deal. The rims are aftermarket and are offset out about an inch from the hub unit bearings with no problems. 30mm is fine but I wouldn't want to go further on the AWD axle shafts as it might change the geometry angles too much especially with all the torque these Supercharged Rovers lay down for me personally. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts