RangeRovers.net Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
umbertob said:
Antics, bigmboy, how loud was your car wash attendant cursing when you brought your car in for a cleanup yesterday or today? I could hear mine from the bench several yards away: "Ay Caramba!" "Hijo the Puta Madre!" "La Verga Chingada!!!"... I gave him a $5 tip, poor soul. :lol:
Its funny that you said that, I went home, courtesy-rinsed the RRS, fed the dogs, and went to the carwash right afterwards. It took them about 2 hrs to clean mine with a nice hand wax afterwards... Felt sooo bad, i tipped them $10. They musta used the air-hose 5 times inside the vehicle trying to get all that dust out!

BTW... I am loading up my pics to the gallery... stay tuned!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Antics, cool shots! Man, you and your wife must have been firing that Nikon non stop! I like the group picture. :)

djsaad, let's just say I don't look forward to putting them back on... The boards themselves are no problem, but to remove the brackets (which is the whole point I guess) you have to take off and reattach several very finicky trim pieces with hard to align fasteners... Plan to spend a good one to two hours taking them off and probably as much time putting them back on. The second time around it should be faster, once you have figured out what you can just yank and what you can't... :wink:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, at one point towards then end, we noticed a very loud scraping sound coming from the Bonatti Gray RRS.

We thought Bigmboy pulled a "broke-car mountain" as evidenced in this pic...

However, after crawling under the muddy RRS, It ended up only being a bent heatshield rubbing against something... PHEW!

No one got stuck, and no close calls from what I remember!

PS. Umberto failed to tell us to remove our two front lower spoilers on the front bumper. Needless to say, Both bigmboy and myself ended up tearing them off of our RRS.. :oops: and oh yeah, bigmboy lost his front license plate! :lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Nice pictures guys...especially # 92 (nose dive into the water!!)

Looks like you had a lot of fun there...I particularly like some of the black and white pictures too.

Probably even more fun when it's raining hard and you get some good mud packs in there.

Did you see any other Land Rovers as well or were you the only Range Rovers in the park that day?

Cheers.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Since "my" Dipped In Green weekend got postponed and I had my offroad tires on (and a Sunday afternoon with no plans), I decided to follow Boaz's advice and drove the Rincon Shortcut this afternoon, a 25-miles dirt and rock trail in the Angeles National Forest, beginning in the San Gabriel mountains behind Azusa and ending a few miles north of La Canada / Flintridge, on Angeles Crest Hwy.

What a great run, I highly recommend it if you live in the area. The views are amazing, even though it was yet another summerish SoCal day today, while crisper, cooler winter days would probably result in better visibility and less dust (especially if it rained a bit.) As reported, half of the trail is quite easy (you won't even need to run low gears for a good 5-10 miles from the starting point), becoming more challenging about 2/3 through when the terrain becomes more rocky, the climbs steeper and the trail narrower. Put the RRS in rock crawl mode and it will climb through just about anything.

I was by myself, but I managed to take some photos. Here is a few, the rest are at this link: http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ ... 011-05-06/

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you go alone???

Sorry for the postponement. Emergencies are, well, what they are. I'll know more mid-week. I've had to put everything I'm involved in on hold.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Adam, no worries. Family comes first, I hope everything is well now. Yeah, I did go alone... Asked the wife is she wanted to join me, but she's not much on an offroad enthusiast, going over a speed bump on Nordstrom's parking lot is as much offroading as she is willing to put up with. :wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
NICEEEEE!!!

those tires look so awesome.

Nice scenic RRS shots, that one on the road is cool. When i first saw it i thought, how did umbertob take this picture if he was driving? then i noticed no one was in the driver seat. Hehe nice non-action action shot.

i think this is great. All these off road picts are making me want to go off roading... the next time we set up another meetup.. i'm not going to miss it.. even if i get a flat and i have to use my spare ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
umbertob

i know this forum talked about this already, but i thought you had a HSE and not a SC! i guess what im geting at is that your off roading wheels look like they are 18" if so how can that be with the Brembos? unless those are 19" and im writing this for nothing. :?
thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dipped in Green rescheduled

Thanks Umberto for your gracious understanding of my family emergency, causing me to postpone your trip.

At any rate, those of you who are interested, I posted a new thread which I hope wasn't too blatant about what we do, but our next Dipped in Green is this month Nov 18/19 at Wildomar [SoCal near San Juan Capistrano/Lake Elsinore].

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12242

http://www.offroving.com/calendar.php

Thanks for your tolerance!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts