Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a current Defender 110 owner, Hyland Motorsport built and I can find any part I need pretty much anywhere. I am looking at 1989 2 door RRC tomorrow imported from Spain. I have heard various things about how hard to get parts for these, is there a source that owners tend to go to? Do you often ship in from the UK or another country?

Just curious what this will be like if I move forward and buy it. I truly am a fan of these and looking for one that I can enjoy as a project and drive occasionally.

Thank you in advance for any tips you provide.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,573 Posts
Nice 110! LOL, RRC parts can be harder to find stateside, but that also varies by model year. For ‘95 RRCs, many parts are for 95s only, while other parts can be shared. Other bits can span multiple years and you can use some Disco 1 bits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice 110! LOL, RRC parts can be harder to find stateside, but that also varies by model year. For ‘95 RRCs, many parts are for 95s only, while other parts can be shared. Other bits can span multiple years and you can use some Disco 1 bits.

Thank you, much appreciated.

·
Registered
Range Rover Classic, 1988, 1992 200TDI engine
51 Posts
Very cool 110.

On this side of the pond, parts are cheap and plentiful once you find the right supplier. JLR also produce parts for older 2 doors which (unless I'm much mistaken) should fit a later 2 door, though they're significantly more expensive. If you're planning a concourse example, that'd be a good way to go. Personally I get most of my bits from a bloke with a yard full of knackered Rovers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
From Spain which engine 2.5VM or 200tdi

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Forgot to mention, it’s becoming more common to buy multiple RRCs to use for parts trucks to keep the main truck alive & well…

·
Registered
1985 RRC 3.5, LT230, LT77. 1996 Disco1, 4.0
49 Posts
Check out RoversNorth here in the States, they even have used parts in their clearance section. Purchased many parts from them...for example: steel fuel tank for my '85 Classic ($340 USD) and even the sending unit...some parts have to be purchased from RimmerBros, however, the cost is not that bad (purchased a radiator from them). There is also Atlantic British...

·
Registered
1991 2 door, 3.9l 5 speed, Aspen Silver
58 Posts
I bought a 2 door 1990 3.9 from Spain earlier in the year that needed quite a bit of work. Mechanically not too bad sourcing parts but the body and interior are a different story. Better availability for the earlier stuff but by the late 80's and early 90's most of the focus was on the 4 doors and even documentation is tough to find for your year. I would put a lot of time and effort into understanding exactly what is needed for the one you are looking at before pulling the trigger; in hindsight I probably should have spent more on a better conditioned unit than trying to do it myself from the US. Having said all that; I do really enjoy it!

Happy share more specifics on my experience.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts