RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get a pair of jump seats for a 2010 HSE?

Searched the forum with no luck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
1. Jump seats were only offered on the Land Rover Discovery Series 1 and 2. (IE they fold up on the sides of the cargo bed).

They are not offered on the Range Rover.

2. There is an aftermarket company that makes a rear facing 3rd row seat. While it does fold and can be removed, it isn't the most practical. And it is extremely overpriced. I looked into this way back when I bought my Rover 6 years ago. Wasn't worth it.

Atlantic British used to offer them, apparently the only site that has them anymore is this one:
http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/other.htm

·
Registered
952 Posts
I believe Overfinch sells them. I've had one in my wife's RR for 5 years...it's top notch. We've used it a lot over the years. Yeah it was expensive, but this is a Range Rover right? Everything is expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called little passenger seats and they sent me these pictures.

$1020in vinyl, $1260 in leather, $90 shipping.

Only bad thing is that there is an 8 week wait...Otherwise it seems like a reasonable deal.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the third row seat in last week. Very nicely done, good quality and a match to the original leather. I will post pics soon. This is a nice option for a seat.

·
Registered
57 Posts
out of interest how are they mounted, i have the overfinch rear facing ones which mount off the seat brackets. I assume if they are front facing there must be some significant brackets through the removeable floor section above the spare wheel well?

·
Registered
141 Posts
That is a very nice seat, definitely well matched. I wouldn't consider $1260 too bad at all as a price.
Thankfully I am well past having little kids.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rize2 said:
Got the third row seat in last week. Very nicely done, good quality and a match to the original leather. I will post pics soon. This is a nice option for a seat.

Let's see some pics!

I got a quote from Overfinch and it's about $3000. But it is custom made for the Rover with matching leather and easily instaled and removed (so I was told).

I am curious to see how yours came out.

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
Range Rovers have NEVER had a third row seat or jump seats. Thankfully, according to Gerard McGovern, they never will. **“Range Rover is the crown jewels in our model range, so it’s things like formality, elegance, sophistication and the levels of those you dial up from one vehicle to another, which creates that hierarchy and positioning," he went on to say, "“This is why we won’t do a seven-seat Range Rover, because with this vehicle, it’s about exclusivity. The optimum seven-seat vehicle for us is the the Discovery, and it’s probably equal or not far off the Range Rover in terms of premium-ness, but overall the Discovery is about versatility, whereas with Range Rover it’s about refinement.”**Overfinch made them for their conversions. As they were an exacting match to the leather and patterning they were ungodly expensive. Little seats made a weak attempt at kits for many SUVs that didn't offer third row seats. Sadly they were more on the generic side and suffered the same "novelty" concept as Overfinch seats. They were rear facing, with no third point shoulder belts and left kids dangerously close to the hatch glass in the event of a rear impact. **Both were prior to weight and age limits on child seat/restraint requirements. These are similar in most states and are basic common sense. Childred under 8 years of age or under 5' tall must use a child restraint appropriate for their weight and height. Children under 13 years should ride in the back seat when practical to do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know jump seats were never a factory option. I know what Land Rover said. I’m asking if anyone has sourced a aftermarket soulution before I have to trade my Range Rover in. Little passenger seats had a great aftermarket 3rd row. Shoulder belts, matched the interior. However they have gone out of business. I’d rather pay $2000 and keep the truck I love (and paid off) then spending 50k+ on a Range Rover Sport or GL550. If I’m out of options, it is what it is.

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
The answer is still the same no matter how your phrase it. Unless you find a used one for sale it is simply not going to happen. You can;t expect too much from an 8 year old thread of outdated info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts