RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up new 2016 Evoque for my son just as dealership was closing. Drove off and started hearing from rear when coming off a stop or red light a marble like sound . Only noise at acceleration . Don't they check the cars before giving it to you? This is Manhattan Land Rover. I couldn't go back as they were closed. I ended up going to Pep boys and they put the car on a lift. The noise couldn't be replicated only on the ground. They think it's the transcrank or axle.
Going to dealer on Monday. If it takes more than a day. I want my money back. How can they let the car go out like that. What could it be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sounds odd. Are you sure it's not something rolling around in the spare tire compartment? Mine came with wheel locks and they put the 4 regular lugs that were replaced in plastic and left them in the spare tire area. Maybe one or more fell out at some point, or something else is loose back there. I would doubt that a noise like that would be coming from the drive train. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds odd. Are you sure it's not something rolling around in the spare tire compartment? Mine came with wheel locks and they put the 4 regular lugs that were replaced in plastic and left them in the spare tire area. Maybe one or more fell out at some point, or something else is loose back there. I would doubt that a noise like that would be coming from the drive train. Good luck.
Thanks. I did check that out, actually held the lugs and case in the front car seat and it still made the noise upon acceleration. I brought it to the dealer today and it turns out its the heat shield needed tightening? Hopefully, that is the case when I pick it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts