RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed there are quite a few things that make my little Range Rover lady say "Sorry" when I try to utilize the voice command/control feature of the vehicle:

Me: "Display, 4x4"
Range Rover Sally: "Sorry..."
Hmm, thats in the manual for the navigation system, lets try another one.

Me: "Display, Audio"
What the .. ok how about

Me: "Display, Phone"
MotherF%&!..

Me: "Display, Help"
Range Rover Sally: "Display, Help - You can say things such as, Display, Audio; Display, 4x4; Display, Phone. For more information, see your owners manual"
I see, I'll play your game.

Me: "You good for nothing b****. You're just like my ex-wives, you never listen and all you do is apologize without knowing what you've done wrong."
Range Rover Sally: "Sorry ..."

·
Registered
138 Posts
I once told it "Screw You!" and sally said, "radio off"

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
That's pretty funny, but the Display command ("Comond") must be something they enabled after MY06 - obviously so since yours has a help section about it. My 2006 won't understand Display anything, and the manuals say nothing about it, either.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umbertob said:
How about "Display, show 4x4", "Display, show Audio", etc?
"Sorry ..."
:wink:

By the time I walked upstairs I'd obviously forgotten the syntax I used. That's what I "meant" to type. :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I struggle with mine all the time. I tried using it in the past and nothing ever seemed to work. The voice recognition worked about once every thirty times I would try. That isn't an exaggeration either. Only time I use it now is to show people the cool British man who speaks to me through my Range Rover. They laugh when he reaches the, "Command not recognized," part. Haha.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've done "I've s**t my pants".
Reply: "Sorry."
Another reply to that "request" brought up Navigation: Restaurants.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
You know, I wonder if some of those voice prompts were copied "wholesale" on the entire LR lineup, but some commands may only work on the FFRR and not on the LR3 or RRS... "Display, show phone" for example: Show what? All interactions with a paired phone in a Sport happen via the head unit and the radio LCD, not the touchscreen (unlike the Range Rover.) Same with radio, CD, etc. Is there a way to bring up the 4x4 info screen via voice commands only? AFAIK, on my 2006 you can only bring that up via touchscreen.

Anyway, that whole voice recognition system is a gimmick, you can only ooh and aah your friends so many times with "Navigation, I'm hungry!" before the routine gets old. I don't really use it much, other than the occasional "Phone, dial name", and even that one takes a lot of chit chat with the lady before she dials that number.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I rarely use the voice commands, because the push button equivalent is usually so much quicker and easier. However, when I accidentally leave my phone in my coat or briefcase in the back, it is helpful for dialing. "Phone - Dial Number" : "Number please" : "555-5555" : "555-5555 - continue" : "Dial" : "Dialing" -- Works every time. But several of the nav features are annoying, I agree.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Boaz said:
I rarely use the voice commands, because the push button equivalent is usually so much quicker and easier. However, when I accidentally leave my phone in my coat or briefcase in the back, it is helpful for dialing. "Phone - Dial Number" : "Number please" : "555-5555" : "555-5555 - continue" : "Dial" : "Dialing" -- Works every time. But several of the nav features are annoying, I agree.
You're just lucky the number you dial contains a bunch of fives. :lol:

You do know you can use the keypad on the radio to dial numbers (in lieu of your phone's keypad), right? It's faster than talking to that witch.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I just stopped talking to the biatch altogether. When it comes right down to it, she was just too insensitive to my needs for us to have a meaningful relationship. We get along much better now that I've given her some space and stopped initiating things.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I gave up using mine. Never works. My MB E class works much better. works almost every time. Let's hope they fix this in the 2010.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts