RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member Introduction:
My wife has been driving her black 2011 RRS HSE LUX for several years (second owner, still under 54k miles as of today), and since she occasionally lets me drive it, I finally decided I needed one, too. After searching most of Texas to satisfy my criteria (2012-2014 RRS HSE LUX, in black, grey, or dark green, low mileage, non-smoker), finally found it in Austin: 2012 HSE LUX, Grey, under 48K miles, non-smoker, full service history, brand new tires, other bennies. One negative (so far): only one key fob.
Picking it up next week (it's an hour and 1/2 drive, and this week is totally shot, with the holiday and all), frustrating to wait but no choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like a very nice vehicle you have there! How have your two RR SPORTS been for reliability and maintenance? Curious also as to what engine oil are you using in them? The recommended Castrol professional or something else?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a very nice vehicle you have there! How have your two RR SPORTS been for reliability and maintenance? Curious also as to what engine oil are you using in them? The recommended Castrol professional or something else?
Thanks. I would rate them as reasonably reliable and straightforward maintenance, just following the service recommendations, including the Castrol. One front suspension strut (right side) blew out at the 55k mile point, so replaced left side at same time.
Such a pleasure to drive! Very happy with both of ours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That’s great to hear. I have been using the Castrol professional as well however I’m considering switching to either the Castrol Edge extended performance or the Mobil 1 extended performance as these two options are available pretty much anywhere compared to the Castrol professional which is only available from Land Rover dealers where I live. My 2012 RR full size has required a new fuel injector and an O2 sensor when it was still under warranty. Other than that oil changes, air filters and rear brakes is all I’ve done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts