RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
First off, great website, great advice. I read many posts in my decision making process, and all that is left is to choose between 2 used 2008 RRS HSE.
1- http://www.paulmillerlandrover.com/pre_ ... m/2110008A
White 2008 w/ ~34k miles, Luxury package. Final cost w/ taxes: $46,000 CPO, free maintenance till 2012 or 50k miles
2- White 2008 45k miles, Luxury package. Final $35,000 1 owner, clean car fax, will need to buy additional warranty.

Pleae help?
For #1 I essentially did not reduce the price @ all with the dealer, only thing was getting vehicle certified (@$1200) came down to $600.

Advice? (other than learn how to negotiate)

G

·
0 Posts
Weird that you narrowed down to two cars with such a price difference between them. IMO, I would continue to shop around. Also, I would definitely spring for the supercharged sport over the HSE. Nothing against the HSE version, but it is sluggish in my opinion. Also, unless you get dynamic suspension on the hse, the s/c handling is much better. Overall, much more enjoyable. I can see you are looking for a white one. Too bad, if you were interested in a black one I would offer you mine for a good price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at all! The first white one had the longest waranty available (it was put into warranty late according to him) the other white one is from a dealer that we have bought cars from before (specializes in used 1 owners). The reason for the price difference: curious to see what a dealer would offer with low miles CPO, and what else I could find.
I will take your advice and contniue to shop around. By the way pimpn04coupe, nice RRS! Although, I am more for the offroad perfomance than street cred.

G

·
0 Posts
tarasgrosh said:
No not at all! The first white one had the longest waranty available (it was put into warranty late according to him) the other white one is from a dealer that we have bought cars from before (specializes in used 1 owners). The reason for the price difference: curious to see what a dealer would offer with low miles CPO, and what else I could find.
I will take your advice and contniue to shop around. By the way pimpn04coupe, nice RRS! Although, I am more for the offroad perfomance than street cred.
well, I have taken all the aftermarket parts off of the car. Right now, its sitting stock with the exception of the modified exhaust. So, you would be getting a stock low mileage RR sport. If you can deal with black- think about it. I am only asking $47k (~3.5k under KBB), its an 07, but has the warranty of an early 08 (I got it when the 08s came out; it has about 10 months of warranty left) with only 17k miles. Biggest difference between mine and the ones you are looking at (beside lower mileage) is that mine is the supercharged version.

Either way, good luck and keep searching. The more you search, the more of an informed buyer you become and I am sure you can score a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
tarasgrosh said:
Although, I am more for the offroad perfomance than street cred.
Then you'll want the HSE if you didn't know already. (Sorry pimpn'). That is, unless you want to mess around with finding 18s that fit over the SC's Brembos. It's been done, but is now a real hassle as the custom 18s from Compomotive are no longer readily available. I think there is one other 18 that will fit, but the offset isn't ideal.

G

·
0 Posts
TripleE said:
tarasgrosh said:
Although, I am more for the offroad perfomance than street cred.
Then you'll want the HSE if you didn't know already. (Sorry pimpn'). That is, unless you want to mess around with finding 18s that fit over the SC's Brembos. It's been done, but is now a real hassle as the custom 18s from Compomotive are no longer readily available. I think there is one other 18 that will fit, but the offset isn't ideal.
that is a great point, I totally forgot about that :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts