RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RR HSE was keyed!!
Two days ago, I pulled into my gated apartment garage and park next to the elevator to unload a few things, which I've done so many times in the past.
I make a trip up to my apt and come back down within 5-6 min and I see the driver's side of my RR keyed. All the way from the passenger door to the front fender and hood.
I wish I caught the person in the act and this would have been a different story as to why a police report was filed.
I've done this multiple times whenever I have to make more than 1 trip to my apt or to unload heavy items for whatever reason.

Anyways, I got an estimate and it is $1600 but it is covered by my comp coverage.

Don't know why this person felt they had to cause property damage instead of just leaving a nasty note. :twisted:

·
Registered
293 Posts
r u sure it was done at the apartment and not where you were before that and you just missed it getting into the RR cause you werent looking? same thing happened to a buddy of mine.

he talks so much he walked by it twice and didnt see it till the next morning

if so it might have happened in a parking lot with a camera.

angry gf check time

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
If I were you I'd do the same thing again but this time watch from a distance to see if that looser shows up again. Tools needed: obviously the RR, a baseball bat, and a friend nearby in case the guy knows jujitsu or something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure it was keyed at my apartment. The scratch is so deep and my car is black so it is very noticeable.

I was thinking of using my roommate's RR Sport and parking it in the same spot and waiting in the back seat and see if it was going to happen again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rrtoadhall said:
So you were parked in a proper loading zone when they did this? :think: Those turds!
No, it wasn't a proper loading zone at all. But I have parked there many times after trips to Costco or anytime I have to make multiple trips to my apt for whatever reason.
I have also parked there because I might have forgotten something.

·
Registered
952 Posts
First of all car vandalism sucks and is one of the most petty and pointless crimes. That really sucks. But if you parked illegally you are putting yourself at risk even if you've done it lots in the past, or most likely it's probably because you've done it lots in the past. Some bitter jerk probably got fed up with the illegal park job and decided to teach you a lesson. Do yourself a favor in the future, luxury cars become a mark for idiots if you park them illegally. Stick to regular spots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats horrible about your RR getting keyed. To make you feel alittle better.....before i got my RR i had a acura tl. I work about 90miles from my house so i commute by train. My car gets parked in a lot with about 6000 other cars overnight. One morning when i came back i had found that someone threw a tv threw my windsheild for no reason. To make matters worse the cops said "cars get broken into all the time here, thats the way it is". I have parked in this lot for 3 years and never a problem, my father parked in this lot for 28years and he never had a problem. I think people just get jealous.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
remington said:
First of all car vandalism sucks and is one of the most petty and pointless crimes. That really sucks. But if you parked illegally you are putting yourself at risk even if you've done it lots in the past, or most likely it's probably because you've done it lots in the past. Some bitter jerk probably got fed up with the illegal park job and decided to teach you a lesson. Do yourself a favor in the future, luxury cars become a mark for idiots if you park them illegally. Stick to regular spots.
That is true. People do think that if they see a luxury car parked in a no parking zone, they think that this person feels that they can park wherever they want b/c they have a luxury vehicle. That's the mindset this person probably had.

On a good note, since my car is at the body shop getting this fixed, I am also getting my door handles and side vents painted black as well for a cheaper cost since they have to remove those parts anyways. Decided not to paint the front supercharged grille b/c of possible rock chips, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts