RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 SE 4.0 Lhd usa...
I have no speakers working in the passenger side (right) front door ?
and the driver side rear (left) I have the woofer working but not the mid range ?
all others work fine including the sub...

Could anyone who's done this recently give me some pointers and guidance
regarding what to look at first (connection locations ?) and any tips to getting the door cards off ?
I've already ordered some new clips as I figure some will fail at removal....

thanks in advance

Respectfully, Stephen

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Hiya,
a newbie here who had some sound problems also.

Taking the front door panel off wasn't too hard as you pop the tweeter surround off the door by pulling gently from the top (bottom of the small panel is located into the full door surround. You'll need to unplug the tweeter at the (in mine) grey connector that may be pushed into the door surround. There is a screw there that you remove. Two screws under the arm rest to undo.

Use a panel tool or a long screwdriver (that you've padded with some electrical tape) to pop out the door card starting from bottom outer corner, take it slowly and not all one clip at once - I found it easiest to do one side a bit at a time. I also found it easiest is the window was wound down. Once all the clips have been released the top of the door panel is held on by metal clips that hold the panel to the inside of the top window channel so lift up vertically. Once you've got this off don't pull too far as the connector for the mid can be now unplugged. On my 2000 (2001 model year) DHSE the bass driver connector was behind the bass driver and an AMP Econoseal 2 pin black connector further along the door panel behind the grey foam seal (in my case lying on the bottom of the inside of the door).

Once the door panel is off you should be able to see if you have separate door amps and the part number. I bought another amp for 6 quid as a tester. I have not yet got further inside as my problem is a little different as using a known good headunit I get sound from each door but the Alpine unit won't give me sound but otherwise seems to do everything else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx kourgath.......anyone know what the differences are with the front and rear door amps.......As they are different part numbers
but i just swapped a rear into a front door and all the speakers worked ?.....pls inform and thx in advance

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
772 Posts
There’s high and low line stereo systems, until you pop the panels and see what amps ( if any ) you have, I wouldn’t be rushing to buy them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
read the post....i have thus clearly popped the door cards.......and read the amplifiers part numbers....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts