RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Mark at Overfinch send me some pictures of their new package on some Ranges. I thought I would share them with everyone. I really like the all black Range.

BTW this isn't a repost, I searched before I listed them :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
Mark at Overfinch is a good guy, he hacked my RES front screen on my 06 so it would display video. Having said that, Overfinch to me has a very European appeal that doesn't always translate to the US market. Kind of like Alpina IMO. These Overfinch Rovers do nothing for me.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
808Range said:
Those Overfinch Range Rovers look sick! Only if I had the $$$ to spend on my Range.

I'm thinking of painting my stock 19s black. http://www.calchrome.com/service_fusioncoat.php

Let me know what you guys think.
I prefer this idea to after market black wheels as it retains the correct Range Rover look, rolling radius, decent tyre profile for kerbs etc. and you save a few $$$ too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Old thread, I know. Does the US Overfinch location (it's in SoCal, yes?) sell complete vehicles or just the components and installation? Were these pictured Rovers for sale at one point or just images of client vehicles that were brought in for work?

I was looking into Overfinch modifications. My MKIII is more or less stock. I am wondering if it makes more sense to purchase parts, have them painted and installed, or just buy the complete vehicle if I were looking at a trade up anyway.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
230 Posts
Hey what's up tjh2dUVA? Actually I have spoken to Mark at Overfinch a few times and I believe these vehicles were brought in to him in standard form and then built to the clients specifications. I have the westminster model...the black one in the pics. I was going to do a full conversion like that one back in October...however, I believe Overfinch has since gone under and either went out of business or was bought by another company. Personally, I would stay away from Overfinch for the time being since warranty issues could be a potential problem if anything happens down the line. Also, I have heard there have been product quality issues lately (e.g. bumpers warping from excessive heat...if you live in hot and humid climates)...something along those lines.

What I recommend:

Next week I am taking my 2008 Supercharged Westminster into Tag Motorsports here in San Diego to do a full 2010-2011 Conversion. I have already sourced the headlights, front grill, side vents, and bumper (and all the little accessories...brackets, fog bezels etc.... I will be painting all the trim pieces in matte black..including the badging and door handles. I will also be adding a set of new 2011 22" Kahn RS wheels staggered and powder coated in satin black wrapped in 295/30R22 tires and fitting a kahn lowering module. The headliner will be wrapped in alcantara with contrasting stitching to match my two-tone seats.

I couldn't justify trading in my rover with only 30k miles for less than $60,000 and spending $115,000 for a new one. Now it will look like a brand new model for a fraction of the cost. I was able to sell all the parts from my 2008 for $3500 (including my 20" stock wheels) so I cut quite a bit of the cost there. I will definitely post pics once it's done.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow Mcanzio I cant wait for pics when its done. One question how are you going about wireing the headlights without having the dreaded lights on the dash? Also what does the Overfinch front bumper go for?

·
Registered
67 Posts
these cars are beautiful.....
how much is the overfinch kit...i see a few on ebay...how authentic are those?
my main question though is what type of wheels are in the pics? they are my ideal rims for the rr>

thanks
olddog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts