Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM Specs:
2002 Range Rover 4.6HSE Borrego Edition
*4.6L V8
*1of 100 Produced for the USA West Coast Market
*Borrego Yellow Exterior with the Adventure Package
*Black Buffalo Leather Interior with full Leather DoorPanels and yellow stitching throughout interior
*Fully optioned with Nav
*18X8 "Comet" Wheels with 255/55/18

Mods Spec:
*2X resonators removed- straight piped with quad magnaflow exhaust tips
*Arnott III Rear Air Springs
*Slotted/Xross Drilled Rotors
*De-Baffled Air Box
*55W HID's.
To come...
*tint driver/passenger front windows
*rear sway bar kit
*bilstein sport shocks
*25mm Spacers
*???
I tried to get creative with my D90, C&C is welcome.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Looks good, but a bit too low perhaps? Was it on access height?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cornishman said:
Looks good, but a bit too low perhaps? Was it on access height?
Yes it was in Access height for most of the pictures, except the first few, those are in HWY Height.
I am still trying to successfully hack into the EAS computer so I can alter the settings to be permanently a little lower than HWY ride.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Things like this are why I believe in love at first sight.
:thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Comments on the actual photos (I'm jealous you have a D90 :shock: )

I try to keep my subject a little off centred and I find the 1/3 + 2/3 rule works pretty well (1/3 ground, 2/3 sky). But this is of coz subjected to compositions etc. I like your off focus ones, they are creative! (esp with big yellow RR in the bg which is kinda hard to miss :p).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Very nice. Clean, I actually like the color.

Very distinct.

Now lets see some dirt on that clean slate...

·
Registered
701 Posts
lol, Did the farmer try to chase you off his land? GET AWAY FROM MY CORN! Very nice truck man! congrats.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Things like this are why I believe in love at first sight.
Thanks dude. I think so myself.

Comments on the actual photos (I'm jealous you have a D90 )

I try to keep my subject a little off centred and I find the 1/3 + 2/3 rule works pretty well (1/3 ground, 2/3 sky). But this is of coz subjected to compositions etc. I like your off focus ones, they are creative! (esp with big yellow RR in the bg which is kinda hard to miss ).
YEah, the D90 is quite the camera, don't really know how to use it anywhere near its potential. Thanks for the feedback!

Very nice. Clean, I actually like the color.

Very distinct.

Now lets see some dirt on that clean slate...
YEs, the truck is in fantastic shape really. I try to keep it that way too.
No offroading for this puppy. :naughty:

lol, Did the farmer try to chase you off his land? GET AWAY FROM MY CORN! Very nice truck man! congrats.
hahaha no such thing. lol thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
44 Posts
Beautiful truck!!! I've never been a big fan of bright colors but that truck I will take in a heart beat.

Got a couple of questions for ya...

What is a "de-baffled air box" ?
and
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did you have to notch the bumper for the exhaust tips?

How about a pic of the underside showing the exhaust if possible? Man I'm sure that baby sounds awesome!

I feel like i'm cheating on my truck now, drooling over yours :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ero187 said:
Beautiful truck!!! I've never been a big fan of bright colors but that truck I will take in a heart beat.

Got a couple of questions for ya...

What is a "de-baffled air box" ?
and
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did you have to notch the bumper for the exhaust tips?

How about a pic of the underside showing the exhaust if possible? Man I'm sure that baby sounds awesome!

I feel like i'm cheating on my truck now, drooling over yours :)
Hey, thanks for the kind words. Bright colours have always been my favourite.
As far as debaffled airbox goes, it means removing the trumpet that is located in the bottom part of the airbox. it looks like a tube. Gives the truck a little more of a grunt under acceleration.

I did indeed notch the rear bumper a bit, otherwise it would have probably melted the plastic. The truck has a bit more of a "burble" now to it, but is very nice and civilized inside. I can surely snap some pics, but it is basically, cut the rear resonators off and run piping with the tips.

·
Registered
719 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.... d90..... i was thinking of a different kind of d90.... im jealous of either actually... `8)

·
Registered
86 Posts
YEs, the truck is in fantastic shape really. I try to keep it that way too.
No offroading for this puppy.
That's sacrilegious :shock: :shock: :shock:

J/K...But that is what I told myself when I first brought her home...Trust me, nature will call :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I am always one for the vivid colours.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
very nice truck.. not my choice of colours but it really suits your "look"

Gen III's at rear but not front - why? Get the fronts as well... you will not regret it.
Swap over the 18" rims for 16"s with decent rubber... huge gain in handling and comfort.
Dual exhaust note.. yeah, it sounds great, especially when off-road with all those diesel 4wd's.
Bilstein Shocks... not so sure... mine are a bit harsh on-road. Bilsteins are long wearing but too hard IMHO.
25mm spacers? Hah! Go 50mm with some 33" tyres and then you'l'l shame the other P38s'a out there.
De-baffled air-box... haven't noticed a huge difference yet as I've been running mine "de-baffled" for a few months now.

Your camera work is very nice... I'm still playing with a D100 and can't get the same sort of results... well done to you.

Cheers, Paul.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts