RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am planning on selling the car soon, I decided to take some pictures yesterday. Questions/comments welcome.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
How did you get rid of the orange reflector in the headlights? (Such an E46F.com question) :lol:

Also, are you going to part out?
and the vultures are already circling...that's not a knock on MIAMIRRS...b/c i was just about to ask the same :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pjr: thanks for the compliment. Even though I have had it for three years now, it feels like I just got the car. It still only has 16k miles on it!

miami: I am not parting out just yet, I am going to try to sell the car modded, like I did with my e46 :) As for the headlights, they were completely customized. I got the surrounds/casings painted black, the reflector removed and changed to clear, and angel eyes installed. Basically, the process involves baking your headlights to loosen the seal, so that you can take them apart and then you can add/modify what you want- paint the casing, replace the reflector, etc. I believe a diy was posted on here somewhere, otherwise if you want to have it done you can pm me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice truck and Color

I always love black!! well.. I have silver.. and was getting tired of having 4 black cars in a row, but still miss them

anyway,

My leather seat has holes but how come you dont have them?

what's the difference?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually, from what I was told, the perforated leather was not a package (nothing additional), but rather just how some of the earlier rovers came. Just like the glossy black brembos compared to the oem looking grey ones...

·
Registered
213 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
actually, from what I was told, the perforated leather was not a package (nothing additional), but rather just how some of the earlier rovers came. Just like the glossy black brembos compared to the oem looking grey ones...
Yep, perforated leather came standard on the S/C trim in MY'06.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
pimpn04coupe said:
Yep, perforated leather came standard on the S/C trim in MY'06.
I was thinking of perforating mine with a bread knife.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Adam RRS said:
Wow! Love it!

Those handles and other plastics are crying out for some colour coding!

Where did you get the angel eyes?
I'll second that, where'd you get the angel eyes? also you swapped your fog lamps with xenon lights?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
e46 ftmfw!

Hey man - car looks great.

Can you please advise me on what size bulb goes into the headlight on that right part (that little LED?) I'd like to buy it, and where I can get the pieces for the clear reflector in the headlight!

Also, which halo's did you purchase? There's a few out there but I'm being a little skeptical on some of them - they look crappy.

Thanks man - I need to post up pics of mine soon!

for some reason - it was impossible to put in my HID's. water got inside even though i sealed the connectors ( I had to butcher and cut the original socket apart to get it to work - and it was a mess. Getting a new ballast for it soon b/c it burnt out. ) Did you do them yourself?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fatal Flash said:
e46 ftmfw!

Hey man - car looks great.

Can you please advise me on what size bulb goes into the headlight on that right part (that little LED?) I'd like to buy it, and where I can get the pieces for the clear reflector in the headlight!

Also, which halo's did you purchase? There's a few out there but I'm being a little skeptical on some of them - they look crappy.

Thanks man - I need to post up pics of mine soon!

for some reason - it was impossible to put in my HID's. water got inside even though i sealed the connectors ( I had to butcher and cut the original socket apart to get it to work - and it was a mess. Getting a new ballast for it soon b/c it burnt out. ) Did you do them yourself?
haha love all the e46ers on here. Truthfully, I don't have a clue on what size goes into the headlight. I remember I read it somewhere on here though. You know what- I think it actually lists the size in the manual in the replacement bulb section. My headlights were done by the one and only jbrac25 :) He is the man when it comes to this stuff, he did the black casing, clear reflector, and angel eyes. I would contact him, he can probably get those parts for you. BTW- for all the people doing this headlight mod, I would highly recommend you buying an extra set of headlights and doing it to them. I think its crucial to retain your stock set... I may actually sell the modified headlights if my car doesn't sell as is so it may be a great route for something who wants to do the upgrade (but pricey, since the headlights cost a ton!)

As for the HIDs, are you talking about the HID fog kit? I did the install like 3 years ago, and from what I remember it was pretty straight forward. If I remember correctly, there was a diy that someone made and put on here back in the day. I had to splice some wires for mine too, but I don't think it was too bad.

Post up some pics of your ride!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, I have decided I am going to part out... If anyone is interested in any of the parts (grill set, headlights, 24s, etc) please pm me. Thanks :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please pm me guys, I don't want to turn this into a for sale thread because the mods will probably lock it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts