RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should be heading to an MB forum for this, but have always trusted your guys' opinion, I need an inexpensive daily driver, Rover is killing me on the commute, plus I don't want to put anymore mileage on it. Here's what I'm going to look at today. Let me know if you guys know of any known issues with this, or if you can recommend a good MB forum, Thanks: its 127,000(even though they later stated the odometer just stopped working) Miles, 85 Mercedes 190E that had the following work done
New Battery, Tires, Engine Mount, Fly Wheel, Starter

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
My sister had a 190.
It was very reliable until she decided it could wade as deep as a Rover.
Mind you hers didn't have the chav-tastic body kit and rimz.
Don't think it'll be that economical though.
Can't you look out for a diesel VW?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
jchhiminey said:
I know I should be heading to an MB forum for this, but have always trusted your guys' opinion, I need an inexpensive daily driver, Rover is killing me on the commute, plus I don't want to put anymore mileage on it.
In what way? Fuel costs?

You've gotta be kidding, unless you are travelling huge distances. Fuel is a cheap as dirt in the USA.

Fuel is the cheapest part of driving. What is it going to cost to buy, fuel, register, insure, and maintain the MB? How much fuel can you buy for that money?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ron I drove 50 miles to work and back. Spend about 85usd a week on gas, plus the mileage on the rove. But I will save much more having a daily driver on insurance and having the RR as a secondary. Bit yes we do have it good here when it comes to fuel prices. I turned down the merc btw, think I may get a civic ee or e30. Plus I need to do the heater core now so I would like to be able to have another ride whenever the rr needs to sit. I did find a disco in absolutely perfect condition for only 2k from a lr/jag tech, and a reputable at that but alas No more suv's. Really want a 75 BMW 2002ti. Mmmmmm

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
That's not too far. Less than me.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
The $2k you might spend on the Disco would buy you fuel for almost six months. By the time we've thrown in insurance, at least an oil change or two and a few other incidentals, you won't save any money in the first year.
An you can hire an economy car for when you want to do the heater matrix on the Rover.

Oh, the '75 Beemer won't be an easier to maintain than the Rover...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts