RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 RRS with the rear 6 disk DVD changer. Lately, some of my DVD (actually my kids dvds) won't play. When I bring up the dvd function, it sounds like it is loading the selected disk, then it seems to try to read it, then it unloads it and moves on to the next disk and repeats. I'd say this happens to 75% of our movies / disks. Any ideas on the problem or a solution?

thanks

Mark

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
If your discs are free from fingerprints and smudges I would vote for load rollers drying out. Since we have no idea where you are located I can't comment on if this is a possibility due to climate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in St. Louis, MO...I doubt climate is an issue and the dvd's are clean. That was my first thought too. I've cleaned them and they work on my home player. It also doesn't seem to be a certain "slot" that doesn't work. What I mean by that is if I have two dvds that work and 4 that don't, i can switch them around in the player to different #'s and the same two work and the same 4 don't.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
If they used to play fine before, my first suspect would be a dirty DVD lens or disc(s), it's amazing how much crap gets into the Alpine changer in the trunk, even with the sliding door closed. Take the 6-disc magazine out, carefully clean the surface of the problem discs - also make sure they aren't scratched - and try them again. If the discs still won't play, you can purchase a DVD lens cleaner from your nearest electronics store, insert it in the changer and let it do its thing. Land Rover actually recommends and sells a lens cleaner (part # LR019655, which you can use up to 13 times, lol), but you can probably find similar products for less at any A/V store.

I have always had problems playing certain Disney DVDs through the RSE system, but that's probably a software compatibility issue. Sometimes I have been able to play problem discs by simply changing their position on the loading magazine. :think:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion...must have been a dirty lens...after a couple of cleanings, it works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts