RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Very nice!
It must be the season for refreshing the stables.

I know you'll be shifting over to the L405 forum, but please make sure you follow-up on the L322 forum and let us know what difference you find in performance, comfort, options and everything else.

Congrats on the new RR!
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice!
It must be the season for refreshing the stables.

I know you'll be shifting over to the L405 forum, but please make sure you follow-up on the L322 forum and let us know what difference you find in performance, comfort, options and everything else.

Congrats on the new RR!
:thumb:
Thanks! So far I'm loving it. The performance is great as I expected and the comfort is much better than my L322 was...the cabin is a lot quieter as well. Here is a list of the options it has...

Premium Audio $1,850
HSE Package $5,000
Soft Close Doors $600
Vision Assist Pack $1,650
Shadow Walnut Veneer $1,510
Wood Leather Steering Wheel $425
Rear Seat Entertainment w/Touchscreen Remote...$2,400

Original Window Sticker was $97,080

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
181 Posts
Congratulations. The picks are great for comparison. I see you lost a little more garage space with the L405 (we all know about the width increase) but the picks say it all both being in the same space . Please let us know about the differences in usable interior space too, as our L322's will all end life at some point and we too will make the transition.
The latter L322's are very quiet, how much quieter can it get?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! The interior space is a bit roomier and it's especially noticeable in the rear seats. I've noticed that it's a little easier on entry and exit of the vehicle as well...the L405 sits a little lower. I'm not sure how much quieter it is over the later L322 but I definitely notice the difference. I also have a set of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tires on it so that helps as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll be looking at the L405 in a couple years. They are beautiful - from the outside at least. I have yet to sit in one. I did notice they were lower, and all aluminum, like an A8 correct ?.

I think in terms of noise, there can be gains made around the windshield/aero, possibly with acoustic glass if it doesn't have it ps: mine is a 2009. Our new BMW X3 is really quiet and a lot has to do with air flow management and the glass.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
If you like the exterior then you definitely won't be disappointed with the interior...this thing is beautiful inside and out. Seems like they used better quality materials in the L405. Mine still feels and smells like a brand new car.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy it! I have felt the L405 calling as well, though I also like the RRS SVR!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard someone comparing the L405 ride quality to the W222 S-Class sedan. Do you feel that too?

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Yes absolutely, there IMO goimg from my 2011 L322 to my 2017 L405 was night/day. The ride is exponentially softer, you don't notice bumps nearly as much, though I have same size wheels on the L405 (20"). It is great for driving to the city every day, wouldn't trade it in on anything but a new L405.

I think I could compare it to a Rolls Royce, without how quiet they are.

I do not have ACE, but my Sport does, and that makes a huge difference as well.

The Sport has a ride in comfort close to my 2007 Bentley FS, you feel bumps but it is not harsh. Dynamic has little difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes absolutely, there IMO goimg from my 2011 L322 to my 2017 L405 was night/day....I think I could compare it to a Rolls Royce,
Interesting, several Youtube reviewers compare the S-Class to Rolls-Royce in terms of serene cabin and 'waftability'.

Here is L405 2013 Range Rover v. RR Phantom:
https://youtu.be/qvXRhQ8OR8s (at 2:22)

"Not as plush or comfortable" on road, but "off road it rocks".

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if the ride quality is as good as a Mercedes S-Class or a Rolls Royce but the L405 ride quality is better than any SUV that I've ever driven...including the L322.

·
Registered
499 Posts
W84it....love that l322! looks exactly like mine but I have white door handles and stormer 22's in black machine face which has slightly wider spokes than yours

that upgrade color combo looks like it was meant to be haha.....perfect transition. Looks like a younger brother.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
W84it....love that l322! looks exactly like mine but I have white door handles and stormer 22's in black machine face which has slightly wider spokes than yours

that upgrade color combo looks like it was meant to be haha.....perfect transition. Looks like a younger brother.
Thanks! I actually miss the L322 and I sometimes I feel like I should have kept it a little longer but I definitely don't have any regrets whatsoever on the getting the L405 as a replacement. However, it would be nice to have both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts