RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read posts about software updates fixing some tech problems, are software updates something you should get done every so often to just keep everything current or just when your having certain problems? The reason I ask is all of a sudden when I shift into reverse my mirrors go up instead of going down.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
it's really odd what a software update will fix these days. one of the rear headphone jacks (on the door) stopped working and it was fixed with a software update. if you're still under warranty, i'd find out what complaint to report to your SA and get them to take care of it under warranty.

unfortunately, i think the module update for the mirrors was for 06s and maybe early 07s. i coulda sworn it was supposed to be fixed. i got my seat memory module and software updated yet i still get the up is down tilt from time to time. i kept reporting it and they just kept saying there's no updated fix. at the very least get them to verify you've got the latest module & software.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
CB08 said:
The reason I ask is all of a sudden when I shift into reverse my mirrors go up instead of going down.

Not sure if you are within the VIN range specified in the quoted Special Service Message, but I bet you are. Your symptoms may be due to a software issue within a batch of memory seat ECUs used on some 07s and 08s, easily corrected if you follow the instructions below (but may reoccur if you accidentally turn off dipped mirrors or wipe the seat memory clean when replacing the battery, for example...) AFAIK, this is not a warranty covered item, so you might as well follow the procedure below yourself and see if the problem disappears.

Title Mirrors Dipping Upwards When Reverse Gear Selected
Category Body
Symptom 103000 Mirrors
Content
Affects Discovery 3/ LR3 VIN LA427985 to LA461960& Range Rover Sport VIN LS999465 to LS144813.
Note: The seat ecu must not be replaced to resolve this issue.

Customer Issue: Reverse gear mirror settings are required to be stored (as detailed in the owners handbook) if customers are reporting issues with exterior mirrors 'dipping' upwards instead of downwards.

Cause: A software issue in the latest Memory ECU YWC500690 has been identified.
The following conditions may lead to mirrors 'dipping' upwards:

- The customer does NOT actively program the new mirror dip settings (as detailed in the owner's handbook & below)

- The vehicle is left parked in reverse gear and the key ID is changed (by unlocking the vehicle with another key) - next time reverse gear is selected mirrors 'dip' in an upward direction

Action: This issue may be resolved by actively learning mirror dip positions as follows:

Key 1 (Refer to illustration 1 in attachment)
- Turn Ignition ON (position II).
- Press memory switch '1' button (Figure 2).
- Select Reverse Gear (mirrors move to 'default' dip position).
- Move mirrors to required dipped position for Key 1 & Memory 1.
- Press memory switch 'MEM' button (Figure 1) followed by switch '1' button (Figure 2) within 5 seconds. 'DOOR MIRROR DIP STORED' will be displayed on the message center together with a single chime. This is confirmation that the dipped position is stored.
- Move mirrors to required dipped position for Key 1 & Memory 2.
- Press memory switch 'MEM' button (Figure 1) followed by switch '2' button (Figure 2) within 5 seconds. 'DOOR MIRROR DIP STORED' will be displayed on the message center together with a single chime. This is confirmation that the dipped position is stored.
- Move mirrors to required dipped position for Key 1 & Memory 3.
- Press memory switch 'MEM' button (Figure 1) followed by switch '3' button (Figure 2) within 5 seconds. 'DOOR MIRROR DIP STORED' will be displayed on the message center together with a single chime. This is confirmation that the dipped position is stored.

Key 2
- Repeat as above with Key 2

Additional Keys
- Repeat as above for additional keys

Important Notes (Refer to illustration 2 in attachment)
The customer must be informed of the following to prevent repeat complaint of this issue.
When 'Reverse Mirror Dip' is disabled via the Settings menu this clears all stored mirror dipped positions. When the function is next enabled new mirror dip settings will be required to be programmed as detailed above.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts