Range Rovers Forum banner

Software issues 2018

25K views 76 replies 34 participants last post by  dantheman1 
#1 ·
I am curious if anyone else is having issues with the software in the 2018's? My full screen navigation in the cluster works about 50% of the time, cameras don't always turn on, massage seats don't always work, menu system in cluster is painfully slow, etc... If this is common right now, I am not going to worry about it, but if it is only happening in my car I will bring it in.

#3 ·
I had similar issues. I picked up my 2018 at the end of March. I took it in for service three weeks later (largely to have roof rails installed) and the advisor indicated there were two updates on some items. Everything seems to work now, especially the cameras which were really glitchy. I just completed a 2600 mile round trip and had no issues. I’d say make an appointment.

#5 ·
There are updates, I'd bring it to the dealer. After my 2018 was updated I noticed quite a few changes. It still does some odd things now and then, but it's a lot better.

#9 ·
Another quick question. If auto start/stop is activated and you put the car in park, is it supposed to shut down?

Had this happen twice today, engine was off because I was at a complete stop and start/stop was activated. Put the car in park to reach and get something off the back seat and electronics turned off. Had to press start button again for the engine to turn back on.

#10 ·
Yeah, that's how mine works, park shuts it down if you don't disable the stop/start. I don't think my 2017 does that, but I also got into the habit of just hitting the disable button on the console every time I hit the ignition. I haven't gotten into that habit with the touchscreen button yet. Perhaps there's a setting somewhere to disable it, aside from killing the stop/start completely? I haven't looked into it at all.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
I set the lower screen to Vehicle on start up so I don’t have to change from Climate screen to access the stop/start Button. That’s the easiest way I’ve found so far.

#14 ·
My software got updated, cameras and nav are much better now. The cluster menu system is still really slow, it takes 3 to 4 clicks on the steering wheel to get it to respond. Volume is also slow from steering wheel. Are you guys having that issue as well? I wonder if I have a bad steering wheel button.

#15 ·
Less than 24 hours into new 2018, got this. Went back to dealer said they have to do an update, about 3 hrs and could not have done it until errors showed and indicated an update was necessary. Sounds like really they don't want to update every car until they have to absolutely. Also, as an aside, not sure exactly what this means, but I was told by a regional mgr. that in about a month there will be a major InContrtol software update that will male the system look more like the '17's ----- whatever that means.

Vehicle Car Auto part Measuring instrument Gauge

#16 ·
Just got mine back from 3weeks of software updates and I shall now have the latest SW for MY18.... First thing I noticed was that there was no 4G/3G connection and it says ”Reading simcard” and nothing happens. So back again to the dealer....The Internet conection worked before the SW update so I suppose that it is a new bug. Anyone else that has the same problem?

#17 ·
Lost my data connection today. When I opened the connectivity screen, it read reading from sim, but it would not connect until I turned off mobile data then back on.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have issues with my infotainment system and other electrical items on my 2018 RR. Sometimes when I start the vehicle there is no sound. Sometimes there is. Also sometimes no full screen back up camera shows - only a small size view. When I press the seat memory button, it sets the seat to position BUT inflates the lumbar support all the way! Are the updates and is anyone else having these issues?

Yes - many issues on my 2018

#22 ·
My car is going in for service on Wednesday this week. Here is a copy of the letter I sent to the dealer in preparation for my service call:

It should be noted that ALL of these problems are intermittent. Some occur regularly, some have only occurred one time.

1. Seat memory. I have it set for easy exit/access so that the seat lowers and the steering wheel raises. When I return to the car, sometimes it returns to my position after starting the car, sometimes not
  2. Seat memory does not recall properly. Sometimes the lumbar support and bolsters fully inflate upon pressing the recall button.
  3. The app/radio memory screen was losing the icons. This seems to working now.
  4. The backup cameras randomly fail to operate. When this happens, the sensors work and I have a graphic of the direction the rear of the is facing but there is no visual.
  5. The lower screen background came up as magenta instead of black.
  6. The Driving Mode frequently does not stay in the last set position. I have to reset it from Comfort to Dynamic several times a day, but not always. I’ll park the car in Dynamic and come back, restart, and find it has reverted back to Comfort. The knob is not pushed in to Auto.
  7. The HUD displays “Do Not Pass” sign when I go past a “Keep Right Except to Pass” sign
  8. I have to occasionally re-login to my AT&T account. It just randomly disconnects me.
  9. The audio occasionally completely disappears. Doesn’t matter on source or volume. Nothing. Shows the station in the display but doesn’t play anything. I have to park the car, let it sit for a while, and then restart to get the audio back.
  10. I have a hard time believing it should take up to 30 seconds for the air conditioner to start up, even when the temperature is set at 68 and the inside temp is upwards of 95.
  11. The accelerator hesitation is annoying.

By themselves, any one if these is relatively minor. Collectively, I am disappointed in the quality of this vehicle.

#77 ·
My car is going in for service on Wednesday this week. Here is a copy of the letter I sent to the dealer in preparation for my service call:

It should be noted that ALL of these problems are intermittent. Some occur regularly, some have only occurred one time.

1. Seat memory does not recall properly. Sometimes the lumbar support and bolsters fully inflate upon pressing the recall button.

By themselves, any one if these is relatively minor. Collectively, I am disappointed in the quality of this vehicle.
I wanted to bring up an old thread since I'm having this problem as well on my new to me ATB. Was this ever solved? Software update?

#23 ·
My car just come back from an Software update where many faults where solved, but there is still many faults.
1- Left buttons at the steering wheel randomly stop working.
2- Backup Camera randomly stops working
3-Online media only shows playlists from A-N the rest is missing.
4. Online media randomly ask for login details to live account.
5. Online media sometimes don’t work at all or freeze
6. Sometimes the map in the display in front of the steering wheel disappear or not appear even if it is set to always show a map in the center of the display
7. Both displays in the center console sometimes flickering after engine start when automatically stopped.
8. Incontrol apps sometimes only shows the apps in small icons on the screen with no functionality.

#25 ·
My car just come back from an Software update where many faults where solved, but there is still many faults.
1- Left buttons at the steering wheel randomly stop working.
2- Backup Camera randomly stops working
3-Online media only shows playlists from A-N the rest is missing.
4. Online media randomly ask for login details to live account.
5. Online media sometimes don’t work at all or freeze
6. Sometimes the map in the display in front of the steering wheel disappear or not appear even if it is set to always show a map in the center of the display
7. Both displays in the center console sometimes flickering after engine start when automatically stopped.
8. Incontrol apps sometimes only shows the apps in small icons on the screen with no functionality.
I have the ones in bold as well. The rest I don't use enough to know.

#24 ·
Since this was software related I'll post here just so the information is handy in the search topics. Over the holiday I engaged the Valet Mode when dropping my car off one night at a hotel. When I got it the next morning the system would not recognize the code I put in the night before. After about 10 attempts (and being locked out for 5 minutes after 3 unsuccessful tries) I called the dealership. (Yes I used the same code I always do and my wife confirmed what I had entered). The dealership tells me there isn't a master code to override and I have to bring it in to have it reset. The thought of having an 8 hour drive with no radio did not make me happy. So off to Google I went. In the forum for the Jaguar F Pace I found a thread that said to try 1926 as the master code, sure enough it worked! The dealership had no idea there was a master code. Anyway, posting here in case someone else is searching.

#26 ·
Im glad someone brought up the beat bolster inflating when not set to....also the side adjustment will deflate

I now check them

As far as the back up camera....I had the same thing in my 2017. If I turned the car on and did not allow the truck to book up it worked in a stand alone software type back up screen. Ive now become more patient

I have the center display set to map...it works 75% of the time. the other 25% it shows the pic of a rover

My massage seats blink out when passenger and driver try to use them

Steering wheel buttons are not very responsive....and slow

I called the dealer and asked about having it update....they said they could but a few trucks have crashed during the update.....im not sure I want to risk it yet

For those of you excited about a self driving rover.....um good luck. Software is not their expertise.....but I still love my rovers

#27 ·
Self driving Land Rover - no way.

I too have had the seat bolsters go wacko and the seat trying to cram me into the dash - a few times. My screens have blacked out and the top one kept going in and out while driving. The auto park spot search feature has activated while on the highway, driver intervene issues with ACC on and some other error message that popped up but disappeared before I could read them both. My right rear reverse sensor goes bonkers too. My data connection gets dropped often and when back on and I go to nav, I get the message no data connection even though its on and then working. Oh, the ambient light settings have disappeared and I had to reset them and sometimes the lower screen changes form ac to main view while driving and my auto stop/start does not always stay deactivated while driving. Also, the service dept. told me my rear climate seats weren't working either - that I had no idea of as I hadn't sat in the back.

But, I think I'm getting use to the driver's seat.