RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i'm having to change the a/c evaporator on my 1995 RRC (Soft Dash), I've decided i'll use the opportunity to get the heater up and running as well. The previously owner has stripped everything connected with the heater out from under the bonnet and i'm not 100 percent sure what I need to buy to put it back so i'd appreciate any help anyone can offer and also any photos if you have them.

From what I can work out from the manual I should have a water valve (BTR4022) that connects with 2 short hoses (BTR8726 & 8727) to the metal heater pipes coming out through the bulkhead. On the engine side of the water valve it specifies 2 more short hoses (BTR4016 & 8725) but I can't find anywhere what they connect to or how. I've seen a couple of photos that show 2 metal pipes running along the rocker covers but I haven' been able to find a part number at any of the online stores - is this correct and does anyone have a part number for these??

There's also seems to be a solenoid vacuum valve (BTR4190) which has a hose connecting to the water valve but I can't work out where the hose on the other end goes - does it connect straight to the intake plenum and if so where?

Thanks,
Simon

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,765 Posts
Since you are dealing with a '95 I would download RAVE and Microcat. This will give you pics, diagrams IPBs and part numbers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already downloaded RAVE and Microcat and it gives the part numbers i listed in my post but there seems to be a missing link between the water valve and the engine. The 2 hoses it lists aren't long enough so I think there should be these 2 metal pipes that run along the rocker cover to the front of the engine but I can't find any details. I also can't find out in the manual or Microcat where the vacuum hose is supposed to connect to, and to complicate things further, Microcat also references a Vacuum tank and I have absolutely no idea where that should go or even if it's required
It's all getting a bit confusing!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts