RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 LSE 4.2. I've been doing a top end rebuild over the last few weeks - now complete - initially had problems getting it to start - overfuelling, but it runs OK now but with erratic idle. Sometimes it's unstable when cold, sometimes when hot.
Took it for a full diagnostic and it's showing air idle problems. It's a relatively new OEM stepper motor (1 yr) and all the housing and plenum were cleaned during rebuild. Auto elec thinks it may be wiring.

The print out shows (@1100 rpm):-
Coolant temp ---- 72.42C
Calculated position of air idle control valve , (nominal 15 - 25) .. 171 steps.
Bank A fuelling feedback status ...... +17.37%
Bank B fuelling feedback status ...... -1.01%
Av injector opening banks A & B ....... 3.14ms

(@1947 rpm):-
Coolant temp ---- 74.58C
Calculated position of air idle control valve , (nominal 15 - 25) .. 154 steps.
Bank A fuelling feedback status ...... +19.6%
Bank B fuelling feedback status ...... +11.55%
Av injector opening banks A & B ....... 3.38ms

Can anyone tell me whether these are OK or what they mean?

One other thing . . .

DTC - 0021 / Status - Present / description - ECM tune selection.

Tech says he'd never seen this before and didn't know what it meant.
Anyone know?

(Autodiagnos system)

I can't take it for a proper shakedown run as the EAS is on the bumpstops and I'm trying to get my fillings back in after the drive to the garage . . .

I'll post a separate thread about the EAS later on.

TIA

Alastair
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
272 Posts
That "ECM tune selection" trouble code may refer to the four "tune" maps selected by the mythical tune resistor. An article discusses these tune resistors: http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Rover-14CUX-EFI.htm , but I've never been able to find the one that is supposed to be on my truck. Perhaps the resistor has an unexpected value on your truck, and the ECM doesn't know how to match that value to one of the four programs it has stored in ROM? It's speculation....

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts