RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm working in Chicago for a little while. Brought all of my cars with me, including my Borrego.

It them dawned on me that in the winter time it snows, and Illinois salts the roads. Since my Borrego is a rust free California car, I decided that I needed a 4WD truck for the winter since I wouldn't be driving my yellow bus.

So that leads me to this post with my new to me 2001 P38 (also from California) that I picked up on Saturday. 2 owner, bought new in Los Angeles. Drove it 2k miles to Chicago that same weekend.

Motor was just rebuilt (new heads, head gasket, front main seal, etc) but it is unfortunately coiled (but ok since it'll be used for daily driver duty). Has 147k miles, runs like a champ.

Drivers seat has an issue with the front of the bottom cushion lowering (it wont), needs a headliner and a good detailing.

RRAAA1.jpg

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
161 Posts
Very nice, so try to waxoyl/whatever you have there spray it underneath and cover everything in WD40 before the salting, wash it underneath very regularly, then WD again, except the brake discs/rotors yea? Good luck, she's nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts