RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since all of the first gen RRS's are 6 years or older now, has everyone changed their brake hoses per the recommended service interval of 6 years?

I've never heard of such a short interval for changing brake hoses, so I wonder if everyone is following that schedule.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I doubt anyone has unless they found an issue during inspections.

Remember that LR had a 10 year service interval on SRS air bags. I don;t know of anyone that follow that ridiculous schedule either.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt anyone has unless they found an issue during inspections.

Remember that LR had a 10 year service interval on SRS air bags. I don;t know of anyone that follow that ridiculous schedule either.
Well, I bled the brakes just recently, so I plan to wait to replace the hoses until the next brake bleed in a couple of years. That will be closer to 9 years, which is still sooner than what most people do with their vehicles.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did mine at 9 years - since I was bleeding the brakes anyway - no issues with the old hoses. I live in California though - if you live in worse weather areas you might want to inspect for cracking at 6 years - but I don't recall any other manufacturer putting replacement age on lines ... Not sure why landrover would ? Potential for more abuse off road perhaps ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Btw - I bought raybestos lines from rockauto for <$100 and did it myself - took a little while per corner since access to some connections was a bit fiddly - but relatively easy job. Any competent shop should be able to do this and bleed the system in an hour or so ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts