RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
359 Posts
Well it has an actual frame, ever seen a chop top XJ that flaps around like a wet noodle? There's tons of these still around because of how many get rolled over.

A classic is convertible at any time, just unbolt the roof, hatch, cut the rear pillars out and keep the door pillars if you want.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well it has an actual frame, ever seen a chop top XJ that flaps around like a wet noodle? There's tons of these still around because of how many get rolled over.

A classic is convertible at any time, just unbolt the roof, hatch, cut the rear pillars out and keep the door pillars if you want.
Has anyone ever done / seen a ragtop Classic?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
There are lots of them around, pick ups as well.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts

Saw this chop top @ local C&C in NoVA this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I had an off road only 88 classic named the dozer for obvious reasons. since it was a trail vehicle I did not want to bother opening and closing doors or breaking unnecessary glass when reaching for recovery gear.
long story short it became a 2 door pick up truck, I cut the roof from behind the sunroof and built a fiber glass a partition.
needless to say the vehicle suffered an untimely demise, we had an on the field car-b-cue.

the body on frame allows for these wonderful conversion.

I think 007 drove one of the factory convertibles in "octopussy"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow - I had no idea. Thanks for all the pix and links. They're like British, old-school K5 Blazers.

·
Registered
359 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts