RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
THey don't make them. So far I have only seen other models converted to fit.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
478 Posts
One from an RRC works, notch the hood a bit and go through the fender. You'll have to remove the cruise control module, and it probably won't be as easy on a Bosch because the ECU will be in the way.

Makes for a clean install, and much nicer than those ghastly D2 snorkels that have a huge plastic thing running over the outside of the fender.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi.

I think RR-Evolution duden has made an nice conversion, ( search "RR-evolution" on youtube an you will find his rig with an snorkel installed ) I know he is on this forum as well, so maybe he can put it straight.
as far as I can see its the old serie landrover ( defender ) snorkel he has fitted ( he`s just missing an nice top hat:thumb: ) and it would be perfect.

pm061_1 snorkel fra paddockspares.jpg
I`m almost 100% sure that its this one he has started up with.

Also Paul p38a previously HARDRANGE australia company made up some realy nice snorkels, but I think they never came in to real production, sad realy because they where nice. But truly expensive to ship because their made in one piece. see excample

Raised air intake RR p38.jpg

I don`t think the disco one will be that nice, and for sure I would not cut thru the hood to fit the RR classic one. So the best solution by far is to adapt the L/H side LR serie ( defender ) one. Also not so pricey, can be bought from www.paddockspares.com in the UK. for excample.

Good luck, I gonna go that way myself pretty soon:wink:

Best regards Brage

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
The one Elbekko is referring to is on my Range. It's from Southdown, for an RRC. I don't want a snorkel that sticks out to the side, especially not as far as the one for a Disco 2 or the Hardrange one. And even that for a Series will add vulnerable width to an already wide vehicle.
So I preferred removing a corner of the hood. Either way, you will have to make a new hole somewhere, either in the fender or the hood, no big difference to me, I go for whichever works best and doesn't look too daft.

Filip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts