RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to All, for those of you that wanted to see a full view of the Rangie re the grills to the bonnet here we go, at time of writing here’s a tip re black plastic mouldings on the car you know how some products go a white grey colour after a while, well try this smooth peanut butter, not only does it give a great finish but it also removes small scratches on the paint work apply to the whole of one side then go back and polish, the results last for months. Best regards sillyboy

Attachments

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Heard of it, never seen it done though but guess as you have tried it, it must work... now you have a peanut gallery (Im going......)

On a totally different subject...is that a MK6 tranny I see beyond your RR, I have one and crossed Africa in one, did a bloody good job of it and love it to bits more than my RR

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wait.... Peanut butter...!? do you mean a specific car polish, or do you mean ACTUAL peanut butter you would use on a sandwich?

·
Registered
206 Posts
the thing with Peanut butter is that it won't last long on the car. It goes away pretty easily.

There was a comparisson online about different trim products, including PB. At the end, Forever Black was the winner. It outlasted all of them.

N.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
666 Posts
guess it will be the sunflower oil in the peanut butter that fills the minute indentations of the trim that has previously been filled with polish that gave it the white discolouration in the first place --- bet a pastry brush and the vegetable oil of your choosing would do as good a job???? `)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi to All, it is the oil in peanuts that does the job, as to how long it last, it as out lasted all the other products that i have tried over the past ten years, as you can see from the pic. not bad for a fifteen year old vehicle.
best regards sillyboy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts