RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,

Once again, it has been awhile since I posted. I am often just a silent reader on the forums. Before I begin, I want to thank everyone for there information they always provide me. I certainly wish I could contribute more, but everything I have learned is directly from your guys help, and for that I thank you.

So, I received my California Registration and Smog and have been battling for a few days now to get it done. After 5 trips to the smog shop, 1 $600 dollar trip to the dealership, countless ECU readings and readiness readings, everything is passing and has no Service Engine Light on. The only two monitors not registering/completing and are preventing me from passing smog are the following...

-Oxygen Sensors
-Catalyst

Front Oxygen Sensors were included in the 600 dollar dealer trip I made so I am having a hard time figuring out why that monitor is still not completed (with the exception of possibly not having enough miles on it...)

Now, I have done hours of research on the forum. I have done the Drive Cycle, yet have only put about 60.0 miles on the RR since the last code reset (Those 60 miles include a drive cycle).

Can anyone give me any further information on either of these monitors or a way to get both of these monitors checked and completed?

As Always Gentleman, I appreciate you and your time reading and responding,

Truly Thankful for the RR Forum and its valued members,

Thanks,

C. Mayfield

·
Registered
494 Posts
Suggest you get a code reader and do the scanning yourself. RSW Solutions (AllComms) is a fairly inexpensive product. There are others but this is what I use. You can scan read and clear with it. If your cat is listed as a possible code issue it could be the rear O2 sensors need to be changed as well. Very difficult to help with what you have provided.

BTW the O2 sensors are about $50 to $75 and are dead easy to change. Lift the RR to off road height place jack stands under the frame and slide under the RR. The rears are super easy to get at and just need a wrench to undo. Unplug it, unscrew it and extract. Put the new one in.

We have the same kind of emissions certification BS here and I scan and clear everything in the parking lot before I drive it in to the test centre just in case. Never had an issue though. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
if you get an OBD2 reader it will tell you the monitors that are not cleared ,
I find that when doing drive cycles a few full throttle sequences reduces the time needed to clear the monitors, also a few times of idling longer than 2 mins.
Use premium gas make sure the oil is fresh changed.
Only use factory O2 sensors.
I leave the reader plugged in while driving to monitor the monitors left,
you can be tested with one monitor showing not cleared

1 - 3 of 3 Posts