RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this mostly so once we figure it out some poor soul can be spared my pain in the future.
Bought my MY16 SVR out of state and have to get it smog'd in CA. And no, moving out of CA is not an option right now but thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Anyway, it won't pass smog at the moment and keeps repeating the same message "CATALYST NOT READY".

Dealer has had the car for 9 days and they haven't been able to get it to get past this point. They even took it out over night to put it through it's drive cycles.
I picked it up today just to get some driving time in since I haven't driven my own car yet and I intend to drive it a couple of hundred miles this weekend and hope that triggers it.

Battery was changed this week which also doesn't help because that clears out all the readings.
My suspicion is that one or more of the O2 sensors need to be replaced. All the research I've done says that even if the O2 sensors are not throwing fault codes, if they're not better than 90%, you'll get this message. I think the dealer is almost convinced of this too and I hope they just change them out on Monday and get me on my way so I can drive the rig.

Anyway, that has been my past 10 or so days. I'll post updates as to how we got it to finally go.

If anyone is aware of a fix or knows the proper drive cycles for the L494 please post them so I can try them this weekend. The set I have is likely not specifically for the L494.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,421 Posts
Hi Trez, I know when new Corvettes need to be smogged, sometimes it will take up to 500+ miles and numerous specific drive cycles before the car will pass. You are right, changing the battery put you back to square one. It seems like a good idea to have the dealership change the O2 sensors under warranty and put some miles on it. Find out what are the specific parameters to complete the drive cycle and repeat them over and over until the computer is happy. Good luck

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an update to help whoever has to deal with something like this.

Dealer had the car for 9 days and couldn't get the message to go away.
I picked it up and drove it 200 more miles over a weekend and went through every single drive cycle I could find. Still no go.
Took it back to dealer, they had it 3 more days, on the 3rd day the dealer told me that: "We updated the PCM software and reset the adaptations. All the monitors set." After this the car passed the smog fine.
They charged me $100 for the software reset even though the car is under warranty still and it was the only way it would pass smog. I didn't really have the energy to even question the charge and was happy it was over with.

So a total of 12 days ... I certainly hope none of you ever have to deal with this bs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts