RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting smart key battery low warning on dash. I've replaced battery and still getting warning. If I use my second key I do not get the warning. Any thoughts? Is there a way to reset the key using IID Tool? If so can someone tell me where in the menu it is because I couldn't find it

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm getting smart key battery low warning on dash. I've replaced battery and still getting warning. If I use my second key I do not get the warning. Any thoughts? Is there a way to reset the key using IID Tool? If so can someone tell me where in the menu it is because I couldn't find it

Thanks
Possible bad replacement battery. Coin cell batteries have very low manufacturing consistency and shelf life compared with AA, AAA, C, D cell batteries.

Take not a new battery, but the battery from the “good” remote and see if the issue moves. If yes, it was a bad replacement battery, if the issue stays with the current “bad” remote, I’d suspect it was something on the board of the fob itself. Oxidized battery terminal, bad solder joint, broken winding... I’m thinking down that avenue.

In my experience there is a “dead zone” for smart keys if you place it anywhere in the center console or on the flip compartment for the cigarette lighter / ashtray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried swapping batteries but the issue stayed with the original remote so it’s not the battery. I’ll look more closely at the circuit board

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tried swapping batteries but the issue stayed with the original remote so it’s not the battery. I’ll look more closely at the circuit board
If you have a soldering iron I would first try to reflow the solder to all of the major joints on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Type of battery doesn’t seem to be the issue. My other remote doesn’t give the low battery warning so I switched that battery to the remote that’s giving me the low battery warning and I still get the warning

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened to both my remotes when I first bought my car. I did the same as you, changed the batteries still no joy. I took it back to garage and he had to re-programme both remotes, don't know why but it worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Bakerboy1956
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing