RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few friends and I were bored a few days ago and we decided to take all of our cars on some muddy grass... Not the smartest idea with 22'' tires ( I know).
I pulled out two guys that got stuck in the same hole after I went over it 3 times. Then they wanted to see if i can get stuck so I tried and I did, really bad actually..
I had a friend pull me out and this piece ripped off. I was going to get some 3m double sided tape and slap it on but Im not sure if thats right :p
Any ideas on how to put it back on properly?

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Depends on the damage to the trim - might be better getting a new set of clips (cheap) and putting it back properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TripleE said:
Pics must be deleted; Rovers don't get stuck. :snooty: Looks like you had fun though!
^They do if you try :roll:

I had a great time except for the part that I got pulled out by a Dodge :crybaby2:..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any idea as to where I can find the side skirt clips?
I just can't find it anywhere and wouldn't want to have it replaced at the dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Decojones said:
TripleE said:
Pics must be deleted; Rovers don't get stuck. :snooty: Looks like you had fun though!
^They do if you try :roll:

I had a great time except for the part that I got pulled out by a Dodge :crybaby2:..
^^^Good stuff^^^

Try ebay; the bottom part should be relatively unchanged from previous existing years. Get the part numbers and whatnot from the service department, then run a quick search.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Time for a set of 18's and KM2's
And a lift
And a ARB Bullbumper with a Warn M12000

Yeah off-roading gets expensive fast :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, so I took the car + missing piece to a body shop and they directed me to the dealer since "we don't work on these cars"...

Then, I went to the dealer and told me I had to buy another side skirt but I was in a rush and had to leave before I could have gotten anymore information.. The dealers like 40 minutes away (driving my way - 1+ hour if you don't speed excessively) and I really don't want to go back to those thieves.

Would anyone know, by any chance, the part number or any decent long-lasting remedy for reattaching this part?
Someone had suggested 3m or some sort of glue mixture. He really didn't know what it was called.. If there is anyone with more experience on this please speak out! :)

Thanks
Brian

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
I am not seeing a pic of hte missing trim. Has the attaching points for the clips been broken off? If so then yes, you would need to buy a replacement piece. Of course you could always go to a different body shop. They are like Starbucks, all over the place and all do pretty much the same thing. One of them is bound to want to rape you for a few clips or a bunch of double sided tape.

If you really insist on taking the cheap way out on an expensive rig just pick up a couple of rolls of 3M trim tape at Schucks/Kragen/NAPA/Oriley's/Pep Boys etc. and tape up a storm. Naturally Duct Tape fixes everything. You could always tape it on and then tape over all of the trim panels so they would match. :mrgreen:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
Those clips themselves are quite cheap...no reason not to source them from the dealer. I've been to Autozone, O'Reilly and none of them have the right clips, so IHMO, you should just go buy them.

If you're looking for a side skirt, often times they come up on Ebay, otherwise, it's about $100 for the front one if i recall correctly...not going to break the bank.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
My 2 cents --- go to an independent foreign body repair shop that has a good reputation in your area (dropping a past customer reference always helps), open up your wallet and get it fixed the right way! I can't beleive I'm not the only one that wants to tell you this.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Pjpr got it right. The parts are cheap. I actually have a complete set sitting at my office but they are painted Alaska White.

A good bodyshop should be able to get it fixed and reattached no problem. Literally takes a few minutes to pop the clips off and new ones on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@rrtoadhall
I'm not trying to find the cheap way out just not looking to get gang raped with no lube by the dealer :\

@PJPR01
I also tried the Autozone, Autoparts and Napa but no one has those clips(I think that's why the body shop turned down the job.) I checked a few sites online and
E-bay but I've only been able to find the interior clips. On-line searches for "range rover sport side skirts" bring up these obnoxious websites selling some sort of body kit that looks hideous.

@BWB RRS HSE
I would if people here actually wanted to work and do it properly.

@TriGem2k
I think your getting me convinced on color-coding all my skirts (I've been thinking about it for a few years now.. Its about time.) :thumb:

Edit: I want to thank you all for the responses :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts