RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle:2001 4.6 HSE.

I'm removing the heads in the morning due to a big internal coolant leak and a cylinder 3 misfire. I already got the upper intake manifold off and I can see that there's black grime in the cylinder three tunnel of the lower intake manifold. I guess this would indcate that the intake valve for that cylinder is possibly staying open too long? I just had the heads decked and a valve job done less than 10k miles ago. I had coolant leaking again and ran it up into the red again a couple of times unfortunately. I'm expecting to find a slipped sleve. If that's the case how much time, relative to getting the heads off, should I expect to spend pulling what remains of the engine and getting it ready for the resleeve? Is there a good guide to putting it back together? I've got some engine blueprinting books but thought maybe I could find something specific to this Bosch motor mabye?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Either you have a faulty lifter or valve is bent......but it was at engineering shop 10k ago right....

Other wise some one cocked up with that valve and its not seating properly which is evident by the black as you mentioned.

I hope the heads havnt been over skimmed, if so then hydraulic lifters wont compensate

or

Rocker shaft posts have been machined own abit which is a no no and is not needed, I say this cos here Im hearing people doing it...dah is all I can say and know that thye are not qualified so I didnt try and explain why you shouldnt machine posts down..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts