RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i bought my RR i am having slight missing and uneasy exhaust noise (not usual V8 type). Though i dont care much, but thought of putting here may be some expert can help with this.

As of now it has many new stuff like

New Spark plugs
New Plug wires (HTlead)
New Bosch coils
New CKPS
New Battery
New cam shaft sensor
Almost new fully synth oil

It cannot (i hope) be injector, as i used two or three times injector cleaner bottle in fuel tank and drove at high speed still its same. Secondly i just drove 4500 km in 5 days and im sure father of carbon too should have been out by now. Also witnessed very small carbon particle on floor thru exhaust on cold start in that long long drive days.

What is left and missing?????: Air flow meter (f. expensive), any other guesses??????

But apart from this slight slight hesitation and missing, car drives and RUNS very normal and very fast (good throttle response).

·
Registered
457 Posts
Although you have cleaned the injectors which will help have you checked the connections on the injectors? I had one come loose and it caused a odd misfire.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Before throwing more parts at it, which may not be needed, why not plug it in to a OBD reader and look at some live values. I would be checking O2 sensor outputs and MAF to start with.

If you need a new MAF - only use genuine Bosch - aftermarket ones can more problems than they solve.
O2 sensors - do not use generic ones - again often give more problems than solve. I would stick to Bosch or LR
HT leads - what quality did you use - again cheap ones can give more problems than they solve. Run the engine and look at the leads at night in the pitch dark for any arcing.

Try pulling each plug lead in turn to see if there is one cylinder that is the cause -then concentrate on working out why.

·
Registered
517 Posts
gkhanna said:
Air flow meter (f. expensive)
Not that bad for the Bosch ones - about £130 genuine (it's the GEMS that are scary price)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thnx guys for tips and input.

More i was thinking after this post and was also doubting the silencer, as few weeks back i got some small welding due to leak in mufler (silencer) round box under driver seat (in LHD). After two weeks again i start hearing some hissing noise and got it checked and found two more very small leak appeared, so got it welded again.

May be mufler is choked and thats why V8 sound is gone and plus slight missing im feeling (only in noise, not in performance) as i doubt how can silencer develop 2 more leak after the first fix within two week. It could be block/choked and thats why pressure is trying to escape by easily breaking a hole in 10 years old metal.

Wht you guys think, changing to new silencer is worth a try. Its aroud 100 USD in dubai from Britpart.

Never knew MAF is around 130 pounds, some joker was scarying for around 400 - 450 pounds.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Is this the original engine....

You mentioned since you bought it this issue has been around...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts