RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slight buck/jerk when stopped at stop light and creak in rear suspension over bumps

Over the past month or two I have noticed that once I come to a stop at a stop sign and am sitting waiting for it to turn green (car still in drive) the car will jerk/buck slightly. The first few time this happened I simply thought that my foot must have slipped slightly up from the pedal (not enough pressure on the brake pedal itself to keep it from moving) however this does not seem to be the case as I have paid extra close attention to always be applying a fair amount of pressure on the pedal. This does not happen each time, but I would say a good 50%. I don't believe it is engine related as my rpm's do not move and the engine seems smooth. Now to throw in a twist, this did happen once while coming to a stop (car still moving, foot on brake pedal and slowing down).

On another note, over the past week I have noticed that I am experiencing a slight creak in the rear suspension when driving slowly over speed bumps. This noise/concern seems to have just developed. Any ideas here?

My vehicle is a 2013 with only 6,500 miles.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
924 Posts
Re: Slight buck/jerk when stopped at stop light and creak in rear suspension over bum

The buck or jerk sounds like the transmission trying to shift up or down.
The creak could be a rear sway bushing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Re: Slight buck/jerk when stopped at stop light and creak in rear suspension over bum

My 08 is doing the same buck and jerk thing from time to time. Seams like it just started dong ithis around the 70,000 mile mark.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ill be taking it in within the next week to have a number of issues looked at. I will mention the bushings and transmission as possible areas to check out. Ill be sure to let you guys know what was causing these concerns.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

6,500mi sounds quite early for the rear swaybar bushings to go. But it would be the first thing to check as mentioned earlier.

They'll likely reflash the trans ecu for you and hopefully that will do the trick.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Good evening everyone, I am bringing this old topic back up that I started early last year regarding my 2013 Sport. I continue to have the slight tug/buck after coming to a complete stop at a stoplight. Still, it feels as if it is the transmission. I have brought this up twice since purchasing the vehicle new in 2013 only to have them come back and tell me they cant duplicate the concern and that there are no TSB's to be found. I let it go for over a year now, but I'm tired of it. I will be bringing my vehicle in for an oil change in a couple weeks and I want them to again, address this tug/buck/pull sensation after coming to a stop. Now that it has been another 15 months since last discussing this, have there been any other members on here who have experienced this and found a solution? I would like to bring any ideas/suggestions you all may have, to my service department to hopefully help in finding the cause and a fix.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts