RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to go from channel to channel (seek) when using Sirius. It will skip channels, and the only way I can get to that channel is to direct input the channel, or program as a favorite. This sucks when driving. I also learned from Sirius that adding the "best of xm" is not possible on RRS as the radio is not upgradable.
Any input or suggestions would be great.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I can't help you with a MY2010 as I don't know the interface of Sirius on the touchscreen. On MY06-09s, you press > or < to scroll through stations in numerical order (no stations are skipped), and >>| or |<< to skip through programming genres (the tuner skips to the first channel of the next "block" of stations, such as Rock, Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, US News, Political Talk, etc.) As far as compatibility with Best of XM, it's true, at least for MY06-09 tuners... Kind of surprised MY2010s would not be compatible, though. Older tuners cannot be upgraded to receive the new channel lineup that happened after the Sirius / XM merger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if I press > or < it skips over stations, very frustrating. Going in the shop this week so I will get them to check.

·
Registered
382 Posts
:)

See this post I made a few weeks back regarding Sirius radio - it may (or may not) help;
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37695

That said, on my 2010 the following applies:

- Using "<<, >>" on the steering wheel button will scroll though PRE-SET Sirius stations only
- Using the "<. >" on the center console will scroll through ALL Sirius channels in numerical order from whatever station you were on

Bullet #2 above would give the "illusion" of skipping channels as it won't go to the next pre-set station but the next station in numerical order. Your issue may be something different but I too thought it was skipping stations until I figured this out.

Anyhoo, per my other post there will be a sw update at some point. :thumb:

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts