RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone out there has had trouble with their Sirius/XM reception. I've had my dealer check my antenna a couple of times, and they say there's no problem but the signal goes out constantly. Granted, I live in Tahoe and there are a lot of trees but I've also got a GMC Acadia with XM and it blows away the Range Rover as far as satellite radio reception goes. Is there anything I can do to improve the Range Rover's satellite radio reception? Are there signal boosters or other antennas, or is it possible that something is wrong with my antenna?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Mark
2006 Range Rover Supercharged

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had three Land Rovers and they all do that. There antenna system is not the best. Flipping through the satellite channels is hard too as it takes a few seconds to acquire each channel. Waiting under a Cottonwood Tree will cut the signal off in a Land rover where that won't in any other car. Finding a Sat Channel that your looking for, better pull off the road as there are three banks of sat channels as there are lots of buttons to push on the touch screen or if your trying to find one channel.

All that said, it's not that bad. The RR new HD radios are just about the best sound system I have ever had in a car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one having issues (I think).

I was hoping someone found a way to fix the problem - I can honestly say that I think it's the only thing that bugs me about my RR. Overall I'm very happy with the vehicle. Any chance anyone else out there has found a way to fix the problem?

·
Registered
121 Posts
i've had problems from time to time but no delays in between stations. I still love my Rover though ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
You might take it to a dealer and see what they say. Maybe an after market antenna might work. I have the ipod system that use most of the time so it really doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which iPod system did you install? Do you have a 2006 RR?

I looked at the NAV-TV system awhile ago but it was *very* pricey...

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments. Maybe I'll consider it again. It would be nice to use my iPod instead - especially if I can control it via the touch screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts