RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a question about my stereo. I have a 2006 Range Rover HSE. I am trying to get my Sirius Satellite Radio to work. According to the manual I have to hit AUX on the stereo ‘the required number of times’ – what does this mean? Do I need to have the radio on when I do it? I’ve tried this and nothing happens, yet my dealer said it will.

Also, I don’t need to have an actual Sirius unit stored plugged into the radio on in the glove box or anything for this to work do I? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
Are you talking about a genuine LR Sirius Radio that is built into your truck or an after market Sirius radio unit that you are pluging into an aux input?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Ehm... Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but you are positive that your 2006 RR is equipped with the factory Sirius receiver, yes? It was an extra cost factory option back in 2006 - not sure if it is standard equipment on all trims now - not a dealer installed accessory. On my RRS the interface is probably a bit different, but basically if you have Sirius you press the AUX button repeatably with the radio on, to cycle between AUX (the rear auxiliary audio input jack available on the RRS), SAT1 and SAT2 audio inputs. The latter two are "banks" of Sirius satellite radio memories available for you to store your favorites, up to 10 or so per memory bank (up to 20 total.) If you do have Sirius but have not subscribed to its service, I think you should hear a demo satellite station prompting you to subscribe by default - can't remember the channel # - whenever your AUX input is set to either SAT1 or SAT2. Subscription instructions should be in your owner's manual. If you press the AUX input and SAT1 or SAT2 does not eventually appear on the display, my guess is that you do not have the factory Sirius receiver installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd, the dealer said it was there. When I have my regular FM radio on and press AUX it turns the radio off and just goes to the screen that reads AUX - meaning nothing plays. Could they be lying? I have never seen Sat1 or Sat 2 and I pressed it like 20 times.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
amaclellan said:
Could they be lying?
A salesperson? You betcha. Any dealer should be able to pull up all factory options your car came with through your VIN. If the options don't include satellite radio, you don't have it. Sirius was a standalone option back then, it was not part of a package.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
976 Posts
And are you sure you are reading the proper manual for a Range Rover and not a Range Rover Sport, I know it's a stupid question. Since you do have an AUX option at all in 2006, you must also have the RSE package? I thought that was the only way to get an AUX input on the 2006. Does anyone with an '06 and RSE have to actually press the AUX button to get the SAT radio, doesn't sound right.

With regard to switching to the SAT radio, below is a shot of my previous RR, a 2006 SC:

That single button toggled between Radio & SAT radio with one press.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts