RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 RR HSE 160k miles

I've had an ongoing trans problem and haven't been able to fix it but luckily have another car I've been driving. This past weekend I took the trans pan off, removed the mech unit and replaced the tube seals.(although I think they're about 1.5 mm too long so I'm replacing again) Before that I had two codes but now I just have one for the B solenoid. I don't want to buy a complete set of them unless I have to so is there a place where I can just buy the one I need? I'm close to just tossing this Rover out. I LOVE it and it's my favorite vehicle I've ever had but I just can't seem to get past all my problems with it from an air leak, trans problem and suspension issues. I'm giving it one last go and if I can't get it running perfectly I'm done.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Re: Single solenoid purchase?

I assume you’re in the USA? Companies like ‘The CTSC’ will supply individual solenoids though clearly, knowing how commonplace issues with the 6HP26 solenoids are, it would make sense to get a kit, especially as an individual solenoid is priced at $85 and a complete kit of 7 solenoids at $260.

https://www.thectsc.com/catalog/6-speed-solenoids-kits-115.html

If you Google the ZF part number 0501 213 959 (EDS2 or Solenoid B is a blue cap, which operates the B clutch) you will also find them on eBay, etc.

Phil

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Single solenoid purchase?

Phil, as always you're a big help and I appreciate it. Yes, normally I would replace them all but I'm not going to do that because I may be buying a whole new unit. I've had an ongoing problem with my transmission that I've tried to fix when this code popped up. I believe my tcm might be bad. I'm going to replace this and make sure everything is in perfect order, if I'm still having the issues after that it will be time for a whole new mech unit and TCM. Let's just hope for my sake that I didn't have my sleeve pushed in far enough.(that's what the guy from Erickson told me he thought it was)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts