RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Rover just hit 50,000 miles so I decided to upgrade the interior with some simple yet effective factory trim pieces. First was ordering the black Land Rover emblems ($100 for 4) which are standard on the 2010 Autobiography model and replacing the plastic Land Rover/Airbag emblems currently on the door panel. Very effective in my opinion and add a touch of ambience to the interior.

Next was replacing those black plastic spokes on the steering wheel that always seem to flake and peel. I got the "noble" finish spokes that come on all 2009/2010 RR's and boy what a difference. It gives the wheel more elegance/sportiness and goes well with the rest of the metallic/noble trim pieces in the rest of the interior. Note the leather on the steering wheel. It's dry and not greasy/shiny. I used Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponges to wipe away the grime/residue.

Last was ordering new factory floor mats. The ones I had weren't that bad but the carpet gets worn of course but so does the Range Rover emblems on the mats themselves. The new mats help make the interior look like new and give a fresh factory smell to the Rover as well.

Sorry for posting so many pics.
If anyone else has any other tasteful ideas for improvement, please do tell. Maybe some 24" wheels for my Rover? :lol:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
Very nice :thumb: but you make me feel like crap because I cant keep mine that tidy inside :cry:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Those are some really nice upgrades. Where did you order the badges and steering wheel spoke covers? Do you have part numbers?

·
Premium Member
2016.5 L405 Range Rover HSE & 2020.5 L663 Defender 110 P400HSE
982 Posts
hmmmm....I wonder if the Land Rover Badge on the steering wheel can be changed out as well with the black emblems that you put on the doors...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FFRR05DUKE said:
hmmmm....I wonder if the Land Rover Badge on the steering wheel can be changed out as well with the black emblems that you put on the doors...
I'm trying to find a way to get the black emblem for the steering wheel as well since I have the SC grill up front and the black LR emblem on back. As for the parts, I went to my local LR dealer and they found the emblems when looking up the 2010 Autobiography model. The emblems are a little smaller than the plastic ones you'll be replacing only because the leather that comes on the doors for the Autobiography takes up some of the space that the emblem goes into. What I did was position the emblem and used super glue to keep it centered. No worries, if you ever need to pop the badge off to remove the door panel for service, the emblem will easily come off and you just have to reapply the glue.

As for the spokes, I went on ebay and bought an entire wheel then sold that wheel (was an 03-05 wheel) with the new black spokes I had. They aren't listed as a seperate part from LR and you'd have to buy the whole wheel. It's worth it if you can find them though. So much nicer than those black pieces and the trim won't flake off!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponges work wonders too. They get rid of all the grime/residue/shine on your seats, door pulls, door panels and anywhere else that accumilates dirt and such. Just look at the armrests on my doors. They look showroom new. Afterwards I applied leather treatment from Griot's Garage. No residue, easy to apply and wipe off and leaves a pleasant leather smell which goes away after a few days of driving.
If you have a darker colour interior be sure to do a test wipe in an inconspicuous spot to ensure that it doesn't lighten the color. It won't, but just want to throw that out there just in case :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've changed all the badges on my 02 from green to black, including the steering wheel badge.

You can buy a black one off ebay in the uk for £10 but i had a spare wheel badge (unused) which is the same badge as the steering wheel, just put the whole wheel badge on a light bulb then popped the black center badge off. then carefully using a screwdriver and cloth prised the green badge off the steering wheel. stuck the new black one back on with you heavy duty padded trim tape. looks loads better now.... `)

I can take pics if you need any help?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looking good!! Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looking Great! Congratulation on the upgrade.
I have a question. Do you have a Part Number for the "Black Land Rover emblems ($100 for 4)" ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alexandro said:
Looking Great! Congratulation on the upgrade.
I have a question. Do you have a Part Number for the "Black Land Rover emblems ($100 for 4)" ?

Thanks in advance.
I don't have the part number. Your local LR dealer just needs to look up 2010 Autobiograhy and it clearly shows the part on the screen when they pull it up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Range10Rover said:
Could you please let me know how you removed the existing, plastic air bag emblems prior to replacing them with the black Land/Rover badges?
I used a flat tip screwdriver to pry out the old emblems. The emblems have a plastic tail on them so all i did was just yank it out. I discarded them and put the new ones in using super glue to hold them in place so that they would be centered.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just one more question please.

If I'll not use Super Glue and just put them instead of my old ones with AirBag label, will it hold it self in place or not?

Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alexandro said:
Just one more question please.

If I'll not use Super Glue and just put them instead of my old ones with AirBag label, will it hold it self in place or not?

Thanks.
they will hold themselves in place without glue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i used a silicone adhesive to fix mine in the door, the new ones have a different fitment and are too small for the cars with door airbags

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tried your Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on my steering wheel and wow! It has gone back to the nice matte finish. I was contemplating buying a new wheel, but couldn't really justify the $, but now there's no need. Looks brand new again. Worked great on the door panels and leather pulls as well. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
michaeltw said:
Really nice subtle changes - great work!
thanks. Funny how little things like that make my interior feel 3 years newer. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts