RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Range Rover vogue 54 diesel - all good except the passangerside side light has gone out. I suspected the bulb had just gone but when ive checked the bulb is good (ive even checked with a new bulb to be 100%.

When i test voltage from the wires they show no power, from each wire to negative reads no voltage, from each wire to negative reads 12v on both..... any ideas? Everything else on board and light wise works 100% and this bulb worked 100% prior to this.....

help now definatly required!

Many thanks,

·
Registered
285 Posts
bigphil,

The description of the voltages you are getting don't make sense. Can you take a look at and confirm what you mean?

Is it the back or front sidelight?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have double checked today and done the following......

It's relating to front drivers side light.....

Of the side light unit there is the side light (faulty) and the indicator light (fine)

each of the 2 bulbs has a brown wire (earth prsumably) and a twin coloured wire (live).

When testing earth to positive of the side light - no voltage
When testing earth of the side light and positive of the indicator (when hazzards are on) you can see the 0 - 12v pulse.
When testing the positive side of the side light against the negative of the indicator - no voltage shown.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

·
Registered
144 Posts
It might be worth checking the other (working) side to see what is supposed to happen and go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have and it's showing that there seems to be no power down the positive supply cable but there is only the single fuse in the fuse box unless the lighting sender unit has internal fuses but I wouldn't like to even guess where that is.

I've e mailed land rover also and so we shall but see, any more suggestions are greatly appreciated and when I find the solution I'll obviously post on here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts